2014 Olympics Mens Free Skate | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Mens Free Skate

TheMightyBidoof

Rinkside
Country
Canada
I'm on the Martinez fan-wagon! So amazing what he has accomplished with such difficult circumstances. I really hope his training and support intensify as a result of this exposure!!!

Agreed! I think he's adorable and I loved watching his performance. :)

UnsaneLily87

On the Ice
I Just don't understand the choice of Sochi. I'm sure there are a lot of beautiful cities in Russia which would be more appropriate for winter olympics. Today, it's 13c at sochi. It looks like spring

Putin is trying to make a statement, saying that he has brought peace to the Caucasus region. Just ignore the bombing in Volograd.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I Just don't understand the choice of Sochi. I'm sure there are a lot of beautiful cities in Russia which would be more appropriate for winter olympics. Today, it's 13c at sochi. It looks like spring

Maybe for security reasons.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
oh my god if i hear one more carmen or requiem for a dream i'm going to rip my own arm off just so i have something to throw at the tv

emma

Record Breaker
You can read more about Michael Christian Martinez (MCM) here:
They have so many problems with lack of money in the Philippines.
He must take care and think of so many other things he can't think of skating only.
Her is even considering retiring.

You can read more about Michael Christian Martinez here:
http://www.catholicregister.org/news...urns-to-prayer

Michael Christian Martinez Kababayan Today (TV program Philippines)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTBxuIHA1jM

Thank you so much! I copied the links so that I can have easy access to them later today. I look forward to learning more about Michael! Will he go to worlds?

Zamboni

On the Ice
I'm collapsed on my couch after digging out from another gigantic snowstorm. This was the worst one yet - over a foot of snow and ice -- and we're supposed to have more snow tomorrow -- I'm about to start screaming and I want stop until spring arrives! i am so sick of snow! Enough already! :scowl:

Now I have the TV on and now I can stretch out on the couch and watch the skating. :)

Although I must admit that I will leave the room when Jeremy skates. I can't take it. I hope he skates really well for once. I felt so bad for him yesterday. He looked like he was in a lot of pain. :cry:

SGrand

Final Flight
it is not remote, it has 300,000+ population
while Russia is a sport nation too, only 3 are very popular, Hockey, Figure Skating and Biathlon

Sooooooo........this explains the meager audience for figure skating then? :scratch:

Zamboni

On the Ice
oh my god if i hear one more carmen or requiem for a dream i'm going to rip my own arm off just so i have something to throw at the tv

No one should be allowed to ever skate to Carmen again.

No one should ever skate to anything Michelle ever skated, because they can't compare to her musicality. When I heard "East of Eden" yesterday, I wanted to cry. I miss Michelle so much.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
This first group kept getting worse and worse... :slink: Hope the second will be better!