Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Yuna Kim's 1st offical practice on Sochi ice

Rinkside

Yuna Kim's 1st offical practice on Sochi ice

Im trying to find practice clips from the other medal-contenders but I could only find Yuna's. (14 minutes!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A4OE_GF5HI

I must say, she looks good and ready. You could tell she was getting used to the ice and fighting jet-lag, but very impressive. Jumps looks huge and you can really see her fluidity on the ice with speed.
    Would be fun to watch when Lipnitskaya returns to Sochi and they are practicing side by side. Next week is going to be a barnburner.

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GiveHer6.0's View Post
    Im trying to find practice clips from the other medal-contenders but I could only find Yuna's. (14 minutes!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A4OE_GF5HI

I must say, she looks good and ready. You could tell she was getting used to the ice and fighting jet-lag, but very impressive. Jumps looks huge and you can really see her fluidity on the ice with speed.
    Would be fun to watch when Lipnitskaya returns to Sochi and they are practicing side by side. Next week is going to be a barnburner.
    Just so you know, there's an thread in the Olympics subforum with practice reports: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...ctice-Reports/ if you want to see more.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    She looks fresh and confident, Lipnitskaya has no chance at the Gold Medal.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing. She defo looked tired but sharp when she wanted to be.
    Can't wait.

Here's the video of just her SP run-through: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov9iN5ZHCas

I love the camera angle on her of 3Lz+3T--just shows how magnificent it is compare to Yu-know-who.

BTW, this thread should probably be merged into the Practice reports thread in the Olympic forums. It's annoying to keep up with multiple threads on the same topic.

Custom Title
    why does this need its own topic? Its so ridiculous. SHe gets on a plane! THREAD! She gets off a plane THREAD! She eats at the mcdonalds! Thread. GMAB!

Actually, if there ever was a thread about Yuna eating in McDonald's, I would love to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Here's the video of just her SP run-through: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov9iN5ZHCas

I love the camera angle on her of 3Lz+3T--just shows how magnificent it is compare to Yu-know-who.

BTW, this thread should probably be merged into the Practice reports thread in the Olympic forums. It's annoying to keep up with multiple threads on the same topic.
    Sooooo Perfect. Game over for Julia and the rest of the other ladies!

Quote Originally Posted by on_the_horizon View Post
    You bet. I'd be like, "Tell me how you can be so skinny and fit despite eating that Big Mac. What's the magic formula, Yuna?"
    It'd be more like, "I've restrained myself from going anywhere near the french fries from McDonald's for years, but hey, if Queen Yuna eats there..." She'd be basically giving McDonald's free ads and she would need to be paid royalties.

She does look really good. I especially love her choreo sequences -- so fast, and her flying jumps are still there. Watching her reminds me that I don't care (as much) for her placement on the podium as much as seeing her skate for the last time. I will miss her a lot.

Custom Title
    You bet. I'd be like, "Tell me how you can be so skinny and fit despite eating that Big Mac. What's the magic formula, Yuna?"
    Do cardio 6-8 hours a day, 5 days a week, 18+ years of your life.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    why does this need its own topic? Its so ridiculous. SHe gets on a plane! THREAD! She gets off a plane THREAD! She eats at the mcdonalds! Thread. GMAB!
    Kim Yuna's first skating practice? I couldn't wait to take a peak!

Actually, if there ever was a thread about Yuna eating in McDonald's, I would love to read it.
    Count me in.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by vegarin View Post
    Took the words right out of my mouth! Great minds think alike

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post

Seems to need to be merged into [The arrival of Yuna] thread.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by EricRohmer View Post

Seems to need to be merged into [The arrival of Yuna] thread.
    I agree. These are like subtopics of one Yuna thread! Lol.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    Do cardio 6-8 hours a day, 5 days a week, 18+ years of your life.
    Exactly. Elite level athletes require far more calories than the average person, so they can afford some of that to be high calorie, low-nutrition food. Unlike those of us who sit looking at a computer screen a good chunk of the day

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast