Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What music should Jason choose next year?

On the Ice

Question What music should Jason choose next year?

Probably, "Riverdance" is now too widely known for him to use it again next year for his LP.
    Sooooo:

1. Should he use a reworked version of it as his new SP? If not, what should he use?
    2. What should he choose for the new LP?

Personally, I'd love to see "Riverdance" used as a SP (or at least become his exhibition).
    For the LP, I know that "Les Miz" is totally overworked, but I'd love to see what he could do with it.

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    I'd love to see what he could do with a lively Tango piece, like Libertango.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_-cfWEMDrU

Custom Title
    I can see him doing something with a dramatic flair like Tosca

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Hippy music from the 60's.

Something original. Not the Beatles.

Custom Title
    I'm really sick of tangoes - they've been so overused the last couple of years and they're sometimes hard to interpret. I don't see him doing 'Riverdance as a SP either because it's too short to get the really good footwork in. But I do hope they don't pick something heavy or overly dramatic yet. I know Kori mentioned Pearl Harbor before they settled on Riverdance. Eh! Can't seem him landing a triple axel on the beat of a bomb dropping although the music is beautiful. I don't have anything in mind but would love something in the style of Riverdance - lively, charismatic, where his energy and personality will come through on the ice. He's a born performer and needs to be able to interpret what he's skating to. I think the choice of using music from Prince and Riverdance was masterful. I think Jason and his team will come up with something creative again. Can hardly wait to hear what it is. I KNOW it won't be Carmen.

Custom Title
    would be nice if he comes back to Liebestraum

Tripping on the Podium
    A few months ago there was a thread about the Game of Thrones theme song. Think it would be perfect for him. He could bring the whole theme into it artistically.

I wonder how he'd do with "Purple Rain." I know the Beatles has been kinda overdone, but I can see him skating to "Come Together," especially now that lyrics will be allowed.

Custom Title
    Lyrics being allowed is a huge game changer. I wonder how many will stick to classicals.

Custom Title
    I had a dream about Jason skating an exhibition to Purple Rain. although I'm not (at least yet) happy about allowing lyrics in competitive programs, maybe we'll see him do this one sometime...

I'd like to be surprised. I would never have thought I'd have liked a Prince program, for example... and I'm sure many people did not expect Riverdance to be as great as it was.

Custom Title
    Lord of the dance, and I will be amazing

"The Student Prince" with or without vocals.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    SP: "You Make My Dreams" by Hall & Oates http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz2W3QfXnHc

I would really like someone to pick this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_Tkf9zKGbE

If not this coming season maybe some other year because I think he has it within him to do it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast