Yuna Kim's 1st offical practice on Sochi ice | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim's 1st offical practice on Sochi ice

GiveHer6.0's

Rinkside
Im trying to find:clap: practice clips from the other medal-contenders but I could only find Yuna's. (14 minutes!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A4OE_GF5HI

I must say, she looks good and ready. You could tell she was getting used to the ice and fighting jet-lag, but very impressive. Jumps looks huge and you can really see her fluidity on the ice with speed. :bow:
Would be fun to watch when Lipnitskaya returns to Sochi and they are practicing side by side. Next week is going to be a barnburner.:clap:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Im trying to find:clap: practice clips from the other medal-contenders but I could only find Yuna's. (14 minutes!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A4OE_GF5HI

I must say, she looks good and ready. You could tell she was getting used to the ice and fighting jet-lag, but very impressive. Jumps looks huge and you can really see her fluidity on the ice with speed. :bow:
Would be fun to watch when Lipnitskaya returns to Sochi and they are practicing side by side. Next week is going to be a barnburner.:clap:

Just so you know, there's an thread in the Olympics subforum with practice reports: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?47226-Practice-Reports/ if you want to see more.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
She looks fresh and confident, Lipnitskaya has no chance at the Gold Medal.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Thanks for sharing. She defo looked tired but sharp when she wanted to be.
Can't wait. :popcorn:

Krislite

Medalist
Here's the video of just her SP run-through: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov9iN5ZHCas

I love the camera angle on her of 3Lz+3T--just shows how magnificent it is compare to Yu-know-who. ;)

BTW, this thread should probably be merged into the Practice reports thread in the Olympic forums. It's annoying to keep up with multiple threads on the same topic.

gmyers

Record Breaker
why does this need its own topic? Its so ridiculous. SHe gets on a plane! THREAD! She gets off a plane THREAD! She eats at the mcdonalds! Thread. GMAB!

vegarin

On the Ice
Actually, if there ever was a thread about Yuna eating in McDonald's, I would love to read it. ;)

Enidan

On the Ice
Here's the video of just her SP run-through: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov9iN5ZHCas

I love the camera angle on her of 3Lz+3T--just shows how magnificent it is compare to Yu-know-who. ;)

BTW, this thread should probably be merged into the Practice reports thread in the Olympic forums. It's annoying to keep up with multiple threads on the same topic.

Sooooo Perfect. Game over for Julia and the rest of the other ladies!

vegarin

On the Ice
You bet. I'd be like, "Tell me how you can be so skinny and fit despite eating that Big Mac. What's the magic formula, Yuna?" :biggrin:
It'd be more like, "I've restrained myself from going anywhere near the french fries from McDonald's for years, but hey, if Queen Yuna eats there..." She'd be basically giving McDonald's free ads and she would need to be paid royalties. :biggrin:

She does look really good. I especially love her choreo sequences -- so fast, and her flying jumps are still there. Watching her reminds me that I don't care (as much) for her placement on the podium as much as seeing her skate for the last time. I will miss her a lot.

Layfan

Record Breaker
why does this need its own topic? Its so ridiculous. SHe gets on a plane! THREAD! She gets off a plane THREAD! She eats at the mcdonalds! Thread. GMAB!

Kim Yuna's first skating practice? I couldn't wait to take a peak!

Actually, if there ever was a thread about Yuna eating in McDonald's, I would love to read it.

:laugh: Count me in.

EricRohmer

On the Ice

:laugh:

Seems to need to be merged into [The arrival of Yuna] thread.

peg

Medalist
You bet. I'd be like, "Tell me how you can be so skinny and fit despite eating that Big Mac. What's the magic formula, Yuna?" :biggrin:

Do cardio 6-8 hours a day, 5 days a week, 18+ years of your life.
Exactly. Elite level athletes require far more calories than the average person, so they can afford some of that to be high calorie, low-nutrition food. Unlike those of us who sit looking at a computer screen a good chunk of the day ;)

ahy

Final Flight
THE SPEED, THE JUMPS, THE ICE COVERAGE ETC. ARE AMAZING, i just hope i can enjoy her 2 last performances in competitions instead of which place she gets..

Jewels

On the Ice
Wow. She looks so much better than when she performed in Korean nationals, I bet it'll be a stunning program :D