Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Yuna Kim's 1st offical practice on Sochi ice

Custom Title
    A news clip including an interview with Zoueva

I love her(and Charlie's) reaction after seeing Yu-Na's jumps(I think).

+ Today's practice reports said that Yu-Na did a clean run-through of her FS.
    (Edit: There was a mistake with the 3S+2T and 2A+2T+2Lo, but other jumps were clean.)

Custom Title
    SBS showed Yu-Na's run-through, so hopefully, it will be up on YouTube soon.

ETA:Practice clip

THE SPEED, THE JUMPS, THE ICE COVERAGE ETC. ARE AMAZING, i just hope i can enjoy her 2 last performances in competitions instead of which place she gets..

Okay, I have to admit it: Charlie is so cute.

Custom Title
    Wow. She looks so much better than when she performed in Korean nationals, I bet it'll be a stunning program :D

Are you going to create a thread for each day's practice sessions Giveher6.0s? Enough already.

Custom Title
    Her FS practice looks superb as well. Ready to reign.

On the Ice
    I wonder how long they get to practice each day in Sochi? I heard 30-45 minutes in the official practice rink per day. That is very little time. I hope Kim is able to get in practice at another rink somewhere in Sochi. Even an hour per day sounds so little before the Olympics. I know they also train off ice, but you'd think the best practice would always be on ice. I don't ice skate myself though, so not sure what the standard is...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Seruleane View Post
    I wonder how long they get to practice each day in Sochi? I heard 30-45 minutes in the official practice rink per day. That is very little time. I hope Kim is able to get in practice at another rink somewhere in Sochi. Even an hour per day sounds so little before the Olympics. I know they also train off ice, but you'd think the best practice would always be on ice. I don't ice skate myself though, so not sure what the standard is...
    Skaters are provided with daily TWO on-ice practice sessions of 40 min each, either in the second rink or the main rink depending on the practice schedule.

Yuna is skipping today's (Saturday) on-ice practice sessions to take a rest, per the plan she had mentioned before. She will resume her on-ice practice with Sunday's first official practice session at the main rink.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by thinspread View Post
    Skaters are provided with daily TWO on-ice practice sessions of 40 min each, either in the second rink or the main rink depending on the practice schedule.

Yuna is skipping today's (Saturday) on-ice practice sessions to take a rest, per the plan she had mentioned before. She will resume her on-ice practice with Sunday's first official practice session at the main rink.
    Isnt that kind of risky?? Taking a day off training so close to ladies short skate?

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Lee View Post
    Isnt that kind of risky?? Taking a day off training so close to ladies short skate?
    How so? Being exhausted before the SP is worse, I'd say. Every athlete needs a day to rest and recharge.

Custom Title
    I really think that, at this stage of her career, Yuna should be given a little benefit of the doubt as far as her prep choices are concerned.

(As a general comment: I don't know if you've participated in sports in a serious, systematic way, but in my own experience, you'll often want to taper down training before the big event; this allows your body to be fully recovered and fresh on the day. Your mind, too. Of course, every athlete is different, but that's a very common approach)

Custom Title
    They say it's because the ice condition in the practice rink is not so good, and she probably decided that taking off a day and having some rest would be better.

On the Ice
    The ugliest spiral. Knee bent, foot is like "L".

Custom Title
    Yu-Na also skipped practices in Vancouver.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast