Lipnitskaya, Asada, and Kim: Who is most likely to get the gold? | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Lipnitskaya, Asada, and Kim: Who is most likely to get the gold?

Robeye

Final Flight
Let's all call a temporary cease-fire. Everything that we say now is going to need revisions by tomorrow, anyway. :laugh:

Layfan

Record Breaker
It's so unfair that Yulia doesn't get edge calls on three lutzes. Why isn't there any outcry on account of this? If Yulia gets the same GOE for her 3Lz+3T as Yu-Na or for other jumps for that matter it'll be simply unjust.

Seeing Mao practices I think she'll deliver. If she lands her jumps she will be peerless. Even clean Yu-Na won't catch her. The judges will surely appreciate full set of triples with the triple axel on top of it.

Really, Mao's practices have been good? Even her triple axel? I haven't seen anything but I worried when Brian Boitano commented on how she just couldn't land her triple axel ahead of her SP event after, like, four attempts.

I LOVE Mao's short program. No one has her delicate style. And yet she is such an athlete. I think her SP best shows that off.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
At first I thought this thread said "who is most likely to get the cold"

So I started thinking to myself "well, Yu-Na sleeps around a lot, so probably her", but then I thought "although Asada as really let herself go, her immune system is probably very prone" and then I finally thought "of course Russia treats people like farm animals, if even that nice, so Lipnitskaya is probably lacking healthcare". In the end I think my vote goes to Yu-Na. Germs from other people is the most likely way to get sick.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would like some of what you are smoking if you think Kim will get another 69 if she does a clean short. A 75 short (the minimum a clean Kim will get) and a 148 is way higher than a 71 and 141. I also wouldnt be surprised to see Julia's scores drop a bit from the Team Event given the complaints about them. Meanwhile there were no complaints about Kim's long program score at Worlds last year from anyone, only her short program score (although it wasnt that good a performance so I was fine with the score).

I am smoking cold, hard numbers and you are smoking speculation. I think Yuna is going to win, but the only way she will "crush" Julia is if Julia makes mistakes.

Bartek

On the Ice
Really, Mao's practices have been good? Even her triple axel? I haven't seen anything but I worried when Brian Boitano commented on how she just couldn't land her triple axel ahead of her SP event after, like, four attempts.

I LOVE Mao's short program. No one has her delicate style. And yet she is such an athlete. I think her SP best shows that off.

Yes, watch her prctices AFTER the team event. She's brilliant. Not only is she nailing clean triple axels but I've even seen her land a 3F+3Lo that would get full credit. There is plenty of practice videos from each day in the practice thread.

Andre Smith

Match Penalty
I predict the gold medals as follows...
Yulia wins gold of cuteness.
Asada wins gold of effort.
Yuna wins the Olympic Gold.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
.................and all the debate in this thread is now rendered moot. Lipniskaia and Asada are out of the running.

CarneAsada

Medalist
Yes and the judges probably have a 165 waiting for her if she goes clean. :laugh: The Russians have put alot of money into this, they arent going to let it go since Julia had a little fall in one program.
"But the Russians already used up all their politicking power! They're probably throwing their whole weight behind Sotnikova!"

I do recall seeing you saying similar things about Lipnitskaya being all the overscore the Russians could get, but it seems you've finally come round. :laugh:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Vladimir Lenin: A lie told often enough becomes the truth.

A lie is a still lie doesn't matter who told it and how many times and by what method. It may not have been found out today, but truth will always reveal itself; and those who took part, they will have to live with their own conscious and their reputation and integrity is tarnished forever.

COP is suppose to remove subjectivity from the sport. If Julia is not skating for Russia today but for Jamaica, if Olympics did not take place in Sochi, if the package was not Schindler's list, if she is not a fair child with blonde hair blue eyes that has youth on her side with probably the most partisan audience in the world, will she be earn these astronomical home PCS inflation that took the veterans years of blood sweat and tears to earn them? Should an Olympic medal be earned this way? If Sochi is to have taken place 2 years ago, it will have been Liza instead of Julia (who has far better jumps) will the whole thing still happen?

The Olympic Charter state respect, fairplay, dedication, true universality are to be followed on the moral philosophy called 'world ethos'. It is anti discrimination, corruption, or manipulation of any kind which would be the most serious infringement of the Olympic spirit. I hope this sport will abide to these ethical principles, be responsible and continue to celebrate these universal values. For it to be part of the Olympic movement, the sport must be politically neutral even if inside the arena, many of the audiences aren't.

It is one thing how general audience may feel moved seeing Schindler's list on ice from a laymen's view, but one would expect an educated, experienced, credible and knowledge judging panel should able to separate hype/sensationalism versus what is actually being delivered on ice ON THE DAY. With no agendas or biases and treat ALL skaters with equal fairness. This lady's event will be the final event to test the credibility of COP to see whether it can fulfill its stated purpose. Whether as a human race, we just can't resist tell lies under any judging system doesn't matter how preventative it is as long there are little accountability or transparency.

Bump an old post.

An infinitely worse program than Schindler's list stole the show. It took the highest PCS score ever awarded in the history of ladies figures skating from ISU to do it...

COP died. Darth COP OUT lives.