Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Lipnitskaya, Asada, and Kim: Who is most likely to get the gold?

Banned
    Mao's dilemma is she cannot win Yuna by triples but she can make a mistake by trying 3A, I think. Yulia's performance is yet enough fabulous.

Seriously? Another thread like this?

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Gracie Gold is in the mix too
    she can score 75+max in SP and 140+ in the FS
    Gracie only scored 130 with pretty much the same tech content not to mention clean one as Yulia whose score was almost 10 pts higher. On Russian soil I do not see Gracie getting 140 with clean performance.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tana View Post
    If all three are clean, Mao should/will easily win. If Julia is the only one clean, then she wins. For Yuna to win, she'll need to be perfect with both Julia and Mao making mistakes.
    Well, in reality with two minor mistakes, Yuna scored 227 this season. Clean Julia, 214. However, Mao's all time PB is 207.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    No scores of Julia indicate she would come near a clean Yu Na but people are trying to potray otherwise, and not even Julia fans, but mostly Russian/Julia haters who want to potray she would ever be put above a clean Kim just to create some false propoganda of how pro Russian these Games are and to give an excuse for more Russian bashing. As I actually like Julia I find it quite annoying.
    agreed,
    though I think Gracie has a legitimate chance to challenging Yuna

Custom Title
    sky_fly, I'm beginning to wonder if you're a personal acquaintance of Gracie's by the way you project such delusions of grandeur onto her.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    sky_fly, I'm beginning to wonder if you're a personal acquaintance of Gracie's by the way you project such delusions of grandeur onto her.

Gracie has the big skills to get into the podium if clean like the others, nothing grandeur about that
    speed, power, big jumps, body type and hollywood like looks Gracie has it like Kim Yuna

Banned
    Gracie looks better off the ice imo. I don't like her packaging or lumbering skating at all.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    Gracie looks better off the ice imo. I don't like her packaging or lumbering skating at all.
    blonde hair, Grace Kelly dead ringer, miss usa like smile, the quintessential american sweetheart packaging
    she is an endorsements dream come true, she will get tons of commercials and air time for sure
    maybe an IMG contract ?

Banned
    Whether she medals or not this year, I think Gold has a big next 4 years ahead of her. I have said it before, but I think she will also equal Kwan's run of 9 U.S titles, but in her case they will be all in a row, which even Kwan didnt manage.
    you mean 4 consecutive titles Kwan has never won ?
    I also think she can equal/surpass Kwan's achievements in the future

Gracie Gold already has an IMG contract.

But she looks nothing like Grace Kelly (except in the sense that all blondes look alike ). At this very moment Grace Kelly is rising from the grave to come and haunt you for saying that.

Custom Title
    Whether she medals or not this year, I think Gold has a big next 4 years ahead of her. I have said it before, but I think she will also equal Kwan's run of 9 U.S titles, but in her case they will be all in a row, which even Kwan didnt manage.
    I think she will win 12 in a row. She'll only be 30 by the end of her run, right? Or maybe 15.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Gracie Gold already has an IMG contract.

But she looks nothing like Grace Kelly (except in the sense that all blondes look alike ). At this very moment Grace Kelly is rising from the grave to come and haunt you for saying that.
    an IMG contract already, nice
    its the biggest modeling agency I think in NY and the World

I do think Gracie Gold looks like a Hollywood actress
    her eyes remind me of Grace Kelly. Gracie's look is very unique that you can help but look at her

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    you mean 4 consecutive titles Kwan has never won ?
    I also think she can equal/surpass Kwan's achievements in the future
    No, she won 8 consecutive titles.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    No, she won 8 consecutive titles.
    4 consecutive nationals I think Gracie can do
    I don't see anyone challenging her nationally, by then she will be a World medalist also

although post 2018 we might see the likes of Karen Chen, Polina E., Amber etc move up into the ranks

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast