Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Lipnitskaya, Asada, and Kim: Who is most likely to get the gold?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Really, Mao's practices have been good? Even her triple axel? I haven't seen anything but I worried when Brian Boitano commented on how she just couldn't land her triple axel ahead of her SP event after, like, four attempts.

I LOVE Mao's short program. No one has her delicate style. And yet she is such an athlete. I think her SP best shows that off.
    Yes, watch her prctices AFTER the team event. She's brilliant. Not only is she nailing clean triple axels but I've even seen her land a 3F+3Lo that would get full credit. There is plenty of practice videos from each day in the practice thread.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartek View Post
    Not only is she nailing clean triple axels...
    Am I the only one who hears differently about Mao?
    Last edited by Andre Smith; 02-18-2014 at 09:44 PM. Reason: typo

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Smith View Post
    Am I the only one who hears differently about Mao?
    I hope so . Usually with Mao, clean practices does not mean a clean performance.

Banned
    I predict the gold medals as follows...
    Yulia wins gold of cuteness.
    Asada wins gold of effort.
    Yuna wins the Olympic Gold.

Custom Title
    .................and all the debate in this thread is now rendered moot. Lipniskaia and Asada are out of the running.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    .................and all the debate in this thread is now rendered moot. Lipniskaia and Asada are out of the running.
    True. Yu-Na only survived among three and others emerged as rivals.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    after all IMG is still mainly a modeling agency.
    IMG also represents Wagner.

Custard Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    Lipnitskaia isn't yet. She's one who was propped up to a 140 in the team FS, remember?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    Lipnitskaia isn't yet. She's one who was propped up to a 140 in the team FS, remember?
    Yup. Never, ever count Julia out of anything.

Custom Title
    Julia is more than ready to move up if Adelina and Carolina falter (which is very possible).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    I don't think 140 is good enough for a medal.

Custard Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Yes and the judges probably have a 165 waiting for her if she goes clean. The Russians have put alot of money into this, they arent going to let it go since Julia had a little fall in one program.
    "But the Russians already used up all their politicking power! They're probably throwing their whole weight behind Sotnikova!"

I do recall seeing you saying similar things about Lipnitskaya being all the overscore the Russians could get, but it seems you've finally come round.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Sotnikova was the back up plan (despite that she is potentially the better skater of the two).
    That's an interesting argument.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Vladimir Lenin: A lie told often enough becomes the truth.

A lie is a still lie doesn't matter who told it and how many times and by what method. It may not have been found out today, but truth will always reveal itself; and those who took part, they will have to live with their own conscious and their reputation and integrity is tarnished forever.

COP is suppose to remove subjectivity from the sport. If Julia is not skating for Russia today but for Jamaica, if Olympics did not take place in Sochi, if the package was not Schindler's list, if she is not a fair child with blonde hair blue eyes that has youth on her side with probably the most partisan audience in the world, will she be earn these astronomical home PCS inflation that took the veterans years of blood sweat and tears to earn them? Should an Olympic medal be earned this way? If Sochi is to have taken place 2 years ago, it will have been Liza instead of Julia (who has far better jumps) will the whole thing still happen?

The Olympic Charter state respect, fairplay, dedication, true universality are to be followed on the moral philosophy called 'world ethos'. It is anti discrimination, corruption, or manipulation of any kind which would be the most serious infringement of the Olympic spirit. I hope this sport will abide to these ethical principles, be responsible and continue to celebrate these universal values. For it to be part of the Olympic movement, the sport must be politically neutral even if inside the arena, many of the audiences aren't.

It is one thing how general audience may feel moved seeing Schindler's list on ice from a laymen's view, but one would expect an educated, experienced, credible and knowledge judging panel should able to separate hype/sensationalism versus what is actually being delivered on ice ON THE DAY. With no agendas or biases and treat ALL skaters with equal fairness. This lady's event will be the final event to test the credibility of COP to see whether it can fulfill its stated purpose. Whether as a human race, we just can't resist tell lies under any judging system doesn't matter how preventative it is as long there are little accountability or transparency.
    Bump an old post.

An infinitely worse program than Schindler's list stole the show. It took the highest PCS score ever awarded in the history of ladies figures skating from ISU to do it...

COP died. Darth COP OUT lives.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    COP died. Darth COP OUT lives.
    Noooo~ You're not my father~~~

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast