Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: For Michelle Fans...

Originally posted by Mathman
    Hi Baltimore, thanks for posting and welcome to Golden Skate. I'm really looking forward to seeing it so I can make up my own mind. From the reports from people who were there (including GS reporter Rosaleen), the list of elements that Sasha and Michelle did was pretty much identical. Shizuka and Miki, of course, did triple/triples, but most people thought that their presentation marks should have been lower than either Sasha's or Michelle's.

Anyway, as you say, we'll soon be able to see for ourselves. In the meantime, congratulations to Sasha for what must have been a super performance!

Mathman
    Not one from what I read from people there. The presentation was not only lacking but, 1 cheated her jump & I think that one of the ladies also messed up her spins. Something about the rotations. But, from what I saw on my computer. I watched the event Live myself. When the scores came up Michelle had no problem with the scores( I think, I don't know when the scores pop up for the skaters to see) but, when the Ordinals were place that is when ????? cameup. The judges from what I understand had placed her (at the time) in 1st, But, the ref rushed over before they were visable to the audience & pushed her down to 3rd. They said even the judges were confused & did not understand the placement.

From the Interview I read about & saw some of. She has not let this get to her. She is focusing on the LP. Her Coach is ticked( he should be. Let him worry about her scores). Some people said that she skated slow. Not from what I saw. She had good speed & focused.
    She will stay in 4th place until the LP. Too long or not, it is water under the bridge.

Just wishing michelle good luck with her skate tomorrow & let the cards fall where they may. If she wins a medal at least it will be clean. No help from the committee. Her medal (IF ANY) will be untarnished. It is better that way.

Just wishing michelle good luck with her skate tomorrow & let the cards fall where they may. If she wins a medal at least it will be clean. No help from the committee. Her medal (IF ANY) will be untarnished. It is better that way.
    .........nice post Panther........in total agreement here.....42

Custom Woman
    Panther,
    Another great post to put things in perspective.

Best wishes to all the skaters. They all work hard, have their goals, and are a joy to watch. With Michelle, I have no doubt we in North America will be able to feel the controlled explosion of her skating in the LP. With Sasha and Shizuka, I hope their coaching changes have helped them find the kind of performance nerves Michelle has most of the time. With Ando, this is her first Worlds. Whatever she does, it's all good.

Now I'm going to go light a candle for...my bubble bath.
    Rgirl

Originally posted by Rgirl
    Rgirl
    What? No candle to sway the skate gods? Have you no loyalty? Moo Moo to You! :D :D :D

Rinkside
    Lighting a candle can have whatever meaning the light-er intended; in the Catholic church one can be lit for anyone who needs God's love.

Originally posted by Rgirl
    Panther,
    Another great post to put things in perspective.

Best wishes to all the skaters. They all work hard, have their goals, and are a joy to watch. With Michelle, I have no doubt we in North America will be able to feel the controlled explosion of her skating in the LP. With Sasha and Shizuka, I hope their coaching changes have helped them find the kind of performance nerves Michelle has most of the time. With Ando, this is her first Worlds. Whatever she does, it's all good.

Rgirl

Thanks, & Michelle did skate great( 3 Double lutz that came open & turned into a 2) But, after all was said & done. Michelle showed why she has 5 world titles. Fall in QA, Long skate in SP, Protest, Press, Intruder on ice before her skate, & A Triple turned double. I think that with any other skater they would have fallen apart all together. Thank God, the deduction stayed. Now the headlines will once again read that she shoud retire instead of Skating community Playing favorites with American Kwan. Michelle being the underdog is a much better place for her. Remember the last time they pushed for her retirement( After the 2002 SLC games) the following year came back to have a wonderful year in 2003

bugs are smarter than we are bronxgirl's Avatar
    I'm being selfish as an MK fan and hope that 1) she chooses to continue to compete, and 2) she has her best year ever in 2006

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2