Russian opposition politician says 'Invalid' Plushenko brings 'shame' to Russia | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Russian opposition politician says 'Invalid' Plushenko brings 'shame' to Russia

Danibellerika

Medalist
I think Evgeni did his best in the team, short and long and made a favorable impression. His only mistake was not acknowledging immediately after the team event that he was hurting and could never produce for the individual event. I think these physical ailments did not mysteriously appear during the short warm-up. He could have come up big for his county by immediately after the team event saying that his physical problems prevent him from producing at the highest level that Russia deserves for the individual. Give time for the other guy to step in. There would have been some fall-out but not as bad as pulling out during the warm up. This is where egos get in the way.

I think Plush stating that he preferred to do the team event and let someone else do the individual sort of painted them in a corner though. Apparently ISU was not obligated to replace him if he withdrew sooner and if there was any suspicion of funny business going on in order to withdraw and bring in someone else, they risked getting their medals revoked. I read that somewhere so don't completely quote me, but that wouldn't surprise me.

Zamboni

On the Ice
It's ridiculous to say that he brings "shame" to Russia. For heaven's sake, the man has two gold and two silver Olympic medals!!!

seniorita

Record Breaker
Please tell me he is making a funny joke, yes?
i didnt even laugh, sometimes he has a strange sense of humor? Or heat hit him in the head? It was too hot in Sochi, for Winter Olympics time.
I guess he can comeback by coaching?

Last edited: