Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Russian opposition politician says 'Invalid' Plushenko brings 'shame' to Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Danibellerika View Post
    How do I know? He has twitter, the media knows where to find him. If he wanted his congratulations to Plush to be known they'd be as easy to find as his quotes right now. There has never been any love lost between them. He jumps on any chance to spur on negativity when it comes to Plush. And the fact that he'd open his mouth about how "you compete in pain and you go to the end" is the biggest piece of crap. As if he can't remember how he had to tearfully withdraw from Skate America himself due to what exactly? An injury. And he retired soon after that.

Yes they do, and how many of the people trying to kick him while he's down have 4 Olympic medals exactly?

With how things turned out, Plush could have done 2 programs in the team and received the gold, or if there wasn't a team he could have possibly competed individually and received a bronze. Record wise, he made out better and Russia made out better.
    Yagudin is jelaous...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    Yagudin is jelaous...
    Jealous of what? Beating Plushenko in 2002 in the only Olympic head-to-head competition they've ever had?

Custom Title
    There are loads of things one could be jealous: the indiscutable father love of Mishin for Plushenko, the symbiosis between Mishin and Plushenko, the longevity of Plushenko and his four olympic medals and his idol status in Russia. Naturally i don't know if any of above apply to Yagudin, but his negativity towards Plushenko many times cannot be overlooked and rise questions...

Edit to add: i love Yagudin as a skater. His Lawrence of Arabia was my fav program many years and i think Winter is a masterpiece. I just don't like how and when he choose to speak about Plushenko, that is all...

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Jealous of what? Beating Plushenko in 2002 in the only Olympic head-to-head competition they've ever had?
    You would think after he beat him he could just let it go, right? But no, he keeps mud slinging. Others have beat Plush too, but I still think it sticks in Yagudin's craw that at the end of it all Plush is more decorated than he is and more celebrated than he is among Russians.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Plushenko's money, popularity, succes and so on..He says bad words on Plush if he has a little chance..he isn't a nice guy ... he had a little problem with the alcohol, but he is fine already..his family and his daughter helped him..

Custom Title
    I'm sure there's a lot of deep seeded issues between these two that we'll never fully understand. The fact that this bitterness has lasted 15 years says a lot, even after one of them retired and stopped competing. I think they are still constantly trying to one up each other. Yagudin used to bully him when they were kids and seemed rather insecure about Mishin's attention going more towards a younger kid. And Plushenko's enormous records, medals, and accomplishments are surely a bit of a sting for Yagudin who had to retire earlier because of injury.

On the Ice
    Out of curiosity, since Yagudin's competitive days were over, has Plushenko ever said anything negative about Yagudin? I've heard plenty from Yagudin about Plushenko but not so much vice versa....

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    He could have at least skated to the middle of the ice-rink and bowed to the audience.

Between spitting on the ice after missing the axel and just sodding off without much acknowledgement of anyone around him, his attitude was just awful.

And this is why Plushenko should not have been selected in the first place. Everybody predicted something like this was going to happen and he'd have to withdraw because of very serious issues with his back. And it did happen.
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Ladymadchan View Post
    Out of curiosity, since Yagudin's competitive days were over, has Plushenko ever said anything negative about Yagudin? I've heard plenty from Yagudin about Plushenko but not so much vice versa....
    This is the truth...I liked Alexei-who didn't like him?- despite he was the biggest opponent of Plushy.. but i read many malicious comments on Plushy not once..and I read Plushy interviews too on Yag. He always preised him as one of the biggest skaters who always pushed him..

Custom Title
    Looks like Kovtun was not sick and ready to be a possible substitute according to his coach.

http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-s...157877617.html

Custom Title
    Two thoughts.

I'm not in the least surprised that Kovtun was neither sick nor unavailable! Is anybody?

And, Mishin set up that competition between Plush and Yagudin. I've always preferred Yagudin's style of skating and I doubt seriously he's jealous of anything that Plush has. He's probably going to be able to walk normally when he's in his 60's, too.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post

And, Mishin set up that competition between Plush and Yagudin. I've always preferred Yagudin's style of skating and I doubt seriously he's jealous of anything that Plush has. He's probably going to be able to walk normally when he's in his 60's, too.
    I don't know about that. Yagudin retired in his early 20s due to injuries. I believe he was diagnosed with a congenital hip condition after Salt Lake City and a couple of years later had a hip replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    Two thoughts.

I'm not in the least surprised that Kovtun was neither sick nor unavailable! Is anybody?

Why don't you think that Alexei is jelous? because your preferred his style? Alexei's greatest rival is continously on Tv, newspaper's cover, he has own show, his friends are the most famous celebrities, artists, politicians, athletes of Russia, if he is among the absolute elit people in Russia, if his sponsors are Mercedes Benz, the expensive swiss watch, the Russian Lotto etc.. that is absolute impossible? In most of cases Yagudin was in newspapers when he was asked about Plushy.. He said not once Plushy's life is the figure skating, what is a bad thing.. and he talks what is his big plans in life .. Then what happens? nothing he performs in Ice Age show while Plushy did some great new things ..

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    Why don't you think that Alexei is jelous? because your preferred his style? Alexei's greatest rival is continously on Tv, newspaper's cover, he has own show, his friends are the most famous celebrities, artists, politicians, athletes of Russia, if he is among the absolute elit people in Russia, if his sponsors are Mercedes Benz, the expensive swiss watch, the Russian Lotto etc.. that is absolute impossible?
    Alexei is also on TV. Plus he had a better career with 4 world titles to Plushenko's 3.

Quote Originally Posted by volk View Post
    Alexei is also on TV. Plus he had a better career with 4 world titles to Plushenko's 3.
    funny

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast