Ladies Short - Notes & Results | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short - Notes & Results

April

Rinkside
Re: I'm REALLY dying here...

Doggygirl said:
My comments are NOT about Michelle nor my completely subjective opinons about her skating.

HOW IS A TIME LIMIT SUBJECTIVE?????? To me, that's GOT to be one of the most OBJECTIVE rules I've ever heard of in figure skating. Maximum time on SP 2:40. We are all really in trouble here if we, as fans of the sport, are willing to criticize that sytem for NOT implementing mandatory deductions on things that ARE somewhat subjective - i.e. who's spirals are better than who's, or HOW successfully or over-rotated or under-rotated a jump is or isn't landed.

I know I must have people all over the world puking by now, but holy cow!! If we can't agree it's appropriate to abide by a very simple and straight forward rule about a specific time limit on a program, then how in the world will "fair judging" in this sport ever have a prayer of being better defined?

DG

Don't go getting your knickers in a bunch, that objective time rule never mattered for forty years. It would be a lie if the IFSU said no skater's program ever went over the time limit in forty years. If the rule was straight forward and simple, then what are we talking about? The rule would be like someone double footing a landing, common and trite. People were shocked. Judges were baffled. MK was heated. The simple human right to question the judging will go away w/ the "unknown" juding structure too. Maybe I am just beating a dead horse, but I think this timing of programs issue will over shadow the real problems with figure skating. Stick a fork in me, I am done w/ this discussion.

I still can't believe how beautiful Michelle looked in that cream-colored dress. :love: All other skaters need to take a .5 relative costume deduction.

Mathman