Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Joannie Rochette calls out Patrick Chan

Le Patineur et sa Petite Lulu
    Merci Joannie, Well said.

I am not a big patrick fan but at least he skates like a man unlike Kevin Reynolds. Kevin's hair really bothers me.. more than his skating.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    I am not a big patrick fan but at least he skates like a man unlike Kevin Reynolds. Kevin's hair really bothers me.. more than his skating.
    I am not sure what you mean by "skates like a man"...to me, "skates like a man" is not a compliment. Elvis Stojko skated "like a man" and it was just awful...

OTOH, Kevin's hair is a no.

Le Patineur et sa Petite Lulu
    Joannie is in fact hot.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    I agree with Rochette's comment in the fourth tweet that I copied above. It does not matter what anyone other than Chan thinks. And Chan did not find the tweet rude.
    I am Canadian, I am French, speaking, my Dad grew up in Montreal, and his family is from France. I understand French very well, and people need to realize you can't translate an expression from another language and ever hope to understand the meaning properly. Some French expressions you translate to English aren't even a proper sentence because the meaning is completely lost. The words are there but the understanding is not.

Anyway, congratulations to Patrick who went from 0 medals at the Olympics to 2. I'm only sorry he couldn't catch the gold.

Custom Title
    LOL, love Joannie's shade here. I wish there was more witty shade thrown around in figure skating and not the annoying kind we usually get.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by JoannieRochette
    He had gold on a silver platter. Instead he took the tray.
    Oh my god, that is the most hilarious thing I have heard in a while. LOVE JOANNIE!!!! :-D

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by EricRohmer View Post
    It saddens me that after the historical skates at TEB Chan rode a little downward curve(although I think 13GPF gold is Chan‘s, IMO). I wonder he was dealing with a small injury.

I wanted Chan to win OG because I thought without it he might be in danger of being underrated.
    Unfortunately, I think he peaked too soon.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    And S squared also arguably had many big titles given to them unfairly.
    Again: Do you realise what the word 'squared' actually means? It doesn't mean 'times two.'

Custard Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    again: Do you realise what the word 'squared' actually means? It doesn't mean 'times two.'
    On that subject:
    SS = S*S = S^2
    S/S = 1
    S+S = 2S

I don't get the title of this thread. Joannie did not call out Patrick, she made a joke about what happened. Calling out implies that she criticized him and his skating. She didn't.

What a dumb controversy, don't people have anything better to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Again: Do you realise what the word 'squared' actually means? It doesn't mean 'times two.'
    I've pointed that out the poster in question before, but he insists on trying to make that nickname happen.

Custom Title
    I don't care if she said it or not.
    Just don't try to take it back.
    If you say something stand by it.
    We are all allowed our opinions.

Wow, this thread's gotten random.

I don't get why English-speaking people wouldn't understand what she meant. It was a play on the "handed on a silver platter" expression, was it not? That's a common expression in English, too.

Quote Originally Posted by daphna View Post
    Rochette totally earned the bronze in 2010. she had a great short and a great long, with one minor stepout on the long.had
    I don't question Joannie's bronze medal. It was not out of sympathy, pity, ... She earned it!

Quote Originally Posted by vegarin View Post
    Ugh, I do feel bad for him, especially reading his post-interview where he apologized for missing the gold and said he tried his best. :(
    While he didn't win gold, silver is nothing to be ashamed of.

On the Ice
    Joanie and Patrick are friends, they've been touring together. Everybody is reading too much into this as usual. She's been nothing supportive on French canadian TV. Here's an interview with both of them.

http://olympiques.radio-canada.ca/vi...rs-sotchi.html

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast