Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Any chance Yu-Na Kim competes in Pyeongchang 2018?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by anyanka View Post
    And she'll be sitting right behind the judges at the ladies' free skate next to Witt and Kwan, whispering gossip amongst themselves while Adelina nervously warms up ...
    Oh, that picture would make my day - or year. Haha.

Banned
    I doubt it. She's already visibly over competitive skating. And who could blame her? She's been carrying around the weight of a nation for so many years...it must be so draining.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by usethis2 View Post
    Oh, that picture would make my day - or year. Haha.
    I'd like to see that too.

Custom Title
    She posted this on her Facebook page today. Such an elegant interview, and great answers:

http://www.feverskating.com/fevers/64985230

I did note that going into Sochi, she didn't sound very motivated. I wonder if she knew she would not win this time. She sounds incredibly at peace, like she had accepted the result before she stepped onto the ice, and just wanted to put in a great skate. In the grand scheme of things, she probably realized she had accomplished so much and brought great honour to her country, that the result this time around didn't matter so much. It didn't count the way it did in Vancouver.

Yuna if you're reading this: thank you for everything you've done for the sport, for your country, for the fans and for yourself. Enjoy your retirement. We'll miss you. And we look forward to seeing you in 2018, we know you'll be there even if you're not competing.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    I hope she comes back after taking the next 2 seasons off. Competing at Olympics in her own country would be too big of a thing to miss out on.

Custom Title
    I wouldn't rule it out, to be honest..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pointyourtoe View Post
    I wouldn't rule it out, to be honest..
    I agree. Although she is tired and injured, she might feel much better in two years and feel good enough to enjoy home advantage in P'Chang.

Custom Title
    Never say never. She will be 27, the same age as Carolina Kostner, who most think should have won silver and some even think gold. I would love it if Yuna would work on her artistry. Not that it is bad, just that it could be better. For IJS experts, is there any way Yuna could do two triple-triples in her long program?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by anyanka View Post
    She posted this on her Facebook page today. Such an elegant interview, and great answers:

http://www.feverskating.com/fevers/64985230

I did note that going into Sochi, she didn't sound very motivated. I wonder if she knew she would not win this time. She sounds incredibly at peace, like she had accepted the result before she stepped onto the ice, and just wanted to put in a great skate. In the grand scheme of things, she probably realized she had accomplished so much and brought great honour to her country, that the result this time around didn't matter so much. It didn't count the way it did in Vancouver.

Yuna if you're reading this: thank you for everything you've done for the sport, for your country, for the fans and for yourself. Enjoy your retirement. We'll miss you. And we look forward to seeing you in 2018, we know you'll be there even if you're not competing.
    You really find out a lot more about an athlete in defeat than you do in victory. Yuna has handled this really well. Great interview. Thanks for posting.

Banned
    You really find out a lot more about an athlete in defeat than you do in victory. Yuna has handled this really well. Great interview. Thanks for posting.
    Your saying deserves entry to "Quotes".

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mt. Adam View Post
    I agree. Although she is tired and injured, she might feel much better in two years and feel good enough to enjoy home advantage in P'Chang.
    Her skills from Vancouver to now haven't deteriorated at all, although she doesn't do the Biellman anymore. I really wouldn't be shocked if she wins gold in Pyeongchang

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    Never say never. She will be 27, the same age as Carolina Kostner, who most think should have won silver and some even think gold. I would love it if Yuna would work on her artistry. Not that it is bad, just that it could be better. For IJS experts, is there any way Yuna could do two triple-triples in her long program?
    She needs different music, something anthemic and epic, that has more obvious emotional points of access. "Adios Nonino" was just too subtle, and incredibly hard to pull off. She did it, but it wasn't what one would term a "fist-pumper".

Custom Title
    You're welcome!

I think this was really a valedictory for her. And despite what we make of the result, her placing second to a young upstart may be symbolic of her passing the torch to the next generation of great skaters. Will Russia dominate the next quad or two the way Asia (mainly Kim and the Japanese) have been owning the field since 2006?

Custom Title
    Not without 3Lo.

Banned
    I think this was really a valedictory for her. And despite what we make of the result, her placing second to a young upstart may be symbolic of her passing the torch to the next generation of great skaters.
    I don't know since when being robbed is called passing.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast