Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Olympics Ice Dance BRONZE

Custom Title

2014 Olympics Ice Dance BRONZE

Ok people. Who's getting it? Dance starts in two days, so place your bets

Bobrova/Soloviev, Cappellini/Lanotte, Ilinykh/Katsalapov, Pechalat/Bourzat, or Weaver/Poje?

I would like Ilinykh/Katsalapov, but I somehow feel that it'll go to Bobrova/Soloviev (please god no) or Pechalat/Bourzat.
    I do feel that since they need to eliminate teams one by one until one team has the bronze, Weaver/Poje will be the first to go, as I doubt the judges want 3 NA teams on the podium. Next to go I feel would be Cappellini/Lanotte. As TSL pointed out, C/L seem to be "collateral damage" in the race for the bronze.

That leaves B/S, I/K, and P/B. I feel like they want to give it to I/K if they're clean, but I somehow foresee them making some big mistake again, and leaving the judges with no choice but to give the bronze to B/S or P/B.

Another thought: 5 teams are in each warmup - D/W and V/M will certainly occupy 2 of the 5 spots in the final warmup, leaving 3 spots, meaning 2 of these 5 teams will be in the 2nd to last warmup. I feel that the bronze will go to one of the 3 teams in the final warmup - whichever 2 teams don't make that final warmup will be finished in terms of the bronze.

So. Who's getting this coveted bronze medal?

I guess the SD will tell the story.

But I'm ready for Olympic Bronze Medal Hunger Games: Ice Dance Edition

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Olympic forum is this way. ------>

Banned
    I am feeling either W&P or I&K. I strongly believe it will be one of those two, even if others are probably looking more at B&S and P&B. One thing for sure, no way it will be C&L. How they were scored at the GPF, Team SD, and even Europeans (yes they won but they barely beat I&K with a huge fall and other serious errors) should end anyone even looking at them.

Custom Title
    Congratulations North America on your Podium in Ice Dance at the Olympics!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Congratulations North America on your Podium in Ice Dance at the Olympics!
    Hmm, I thought I was the only one who thought it would be W&P.

Given the scores Russian skaters have been getting so far, I'd say third place will be I/K if they don't mess up. If they do mess up (very likely), then it will be B/S.

P/B and W/P will be fighting for 5th place.

Banned
    If I&K are really the ones destined for the bronze I hope to god they dont feck it up and let the hideous and boring Borehova and Sloppov win the bronze. What a travesty for the sport that result would be.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Hmm, I thought I was the only one who thought it would be W&P.
    I think they will get the levels. I also think C/B will get all the levels but W&P will medal because of the pcs while C/B will be 5 or 6.

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    If I&K are really the ones destined for the bronze I hope to god they dont feck it up and let the hideous and boring Borehova and Sloppov win the bronze. What a travesty for the sport that result would be.
    If I were you, I'd be preparing mentally for this. B/S are much more consistent than I/K and they were 3rd in Team Event SD where all the contenders other than W&P competed.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    B&S are one of those teams that are more easy to appreciate when you see them live. They would be worthy of the bronze medal if they skate their best. For that matter, so would C&L, or P&B, or W&P. I have no idea which team will skate the best on the day. Who would have predicted B&A and G&G for silver and bronze in 2006? Not me. Olympics are not that predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Who would have predicted B&A and G&G for silver and bronze in 2006?

Based on the team event performances, it would be theoretically possible to have this huge upset with clean I/K (or maybe even B/S?) beating V/M if they mess up (I mean they were lucky not to fall on their opening FD lift).

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Well, I hope no dancers fall. Thinking of the 2006 OD still causes me PTSD type trauma. I never want to see any dance competition like that again.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    B&S are one of those teams that are more easy to appreciate when you see them live. They would be worthy of the bronze medal if they skate their best. For that matter, so would C&L, or P&B, or W&P. I have no idea which team will skate the best on the day. Who would have predicted B&A and G&G for silver and bronze in 2006? Not me. Olympics are not that predictable.
    Amazingly Sports Illustrated predicted the Dance podium exactly right! Just taking the worlds 2005 results. There it paid to seemingly ignore all the developments of the 2005-2006 season like the GP season and the surge of D/L!

Custom Title
    I would like to see W/P on the podium. They were robbed by P/B to often in the past years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast