Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2014 Olympics Ice Dance BRONZE

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Given the scores Russian skaters have been getting so far, I'd say third place will be I/K if they don't mess up. If they do mess up (very likely), then it will be B/S.

P/B and W/P will be fighting for 5th place.
    I'm afraid so too.
    You could see in the Team Event Short Dance when comparing B/S and P/B that B/S had 1.40 points more in PCS: That's a big difference, and it's pretty telling as to where the judges "want to see them".
    ________________P/B______B/S
    Skating skills_____8.64_____9.00
    Transition________8.54_____8.75
    Execution________8.82_____9.18
    Choreography____8.64_____8.89
    Interpret. timing__8.68_____9.18

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Well, I hope no dancers fall. Thinking of the 2006 OD still causes me PTSD type trauma. I never want to see any dance competition like that again.
    I'm not expecting falls but if Team Event is anything to go by, I am expecting Virtue/Moir to not execute their elements to the highest standard. Possibly miss some levels. Theoretically miss some GOE but then the judges might turn a blind eye so who knows.

So I would say that at this point Silver isn't a lock and there is a very small possibility one of the Russian teams could challenge for it. Of course it would require that Russian team to give it their 110% whilst Virtue/Moir make mistakes.

Banned
    So I guess now the question is this, which is more likely:

1. V&M to upset D&W for the gold (V&M increasingly a huge underdog in this battle)

2. A Russian team to upset V&M for silver

3. A non Russian team (especialy one not named P&B) to steal the bronze, someone like W&P or even C&L

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    PTFan...

In answer to your quiz above: I choose #2

I think I/K will be awarded the silver medal.

Not sure, but something in my gut is telling me. It will be unjust (although I'm a fan of I/K), but that will be the result.

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    PTFan... In answer to your quiz above: I choose #2 I think I/K will be awarded the silver medal. Not sure, but something in my gut is telling me. It will be unjust (although I'm a fan of I/K), but that will be the result.
    I agree with you here. I started thinking that after Trophy Bompard when they beat P/B. I don't think V/M can afford a mistake at all. I/K will have home ice advantage and they get quite the response for their FD. I/K will have to be clean with no lost feather nonsense. I wouldn't agree with it but it could happen.

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    In addition to your analysis, the Tech Panel for the SD is the same one that had the Team SD.

They've already demonstrated that they've got no problem awarding V/M with a L2 step.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Well, I think if Elena and Nikita deliver, they will be rewarded with the bronze. The judges have wanted to reward them for a long time now, but they haven't been able to come through with 2 solid dances in a major senior event yet. They are so inconsistent though, so we shall see what happens tomorrow. I suspect it will be really close between Pechalat/Bourzat, Bobrova/Soloviev, and Ilinykh/Katsalapov. Judging from their performance and marks in the team SD, it appears Cappellini/Lanotte are in danger of being left behind.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    In addition to your analysis, the Tech Panel for the SD is the same one that had the Team SD.

They've already demonstrated that they've got no problem awarding V/M with a L2 step.
    Or any other team, including I&K. This panel is very similar to the NHK panel this GP season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2