Thread: 2014 Olympics Asian Persuasion-Singles Events

On the Ice

2014 Olympics Asian Persuasion-Singles Events

So 3 men from Asian ethnicity backgrounds swept the podium this Olympics in the men's event.
    Will this also be for the ladies? I think it will be Yuna Kim,Mao Asada and wild card Akiko Suzuki.
    I know I know Julia L. will probably be in the mix but I feel the pressure will catch up to her in the women's individual event.

Custom Title
    Well, where in Russia is Lipnitskaya from? She might even be Asian, too! ;-)

Rinkside
    Continuing this thought, 6 out of the top 7 finishers of the men's event are of Asian ethnicity. Oh well, who cares.

Custom Title
    This reminds me, isn't this the first time in forever since russia doesn't have a man on the podium? They've had a gold from '94-'06, and a silver from plushenko in '10. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by amateur View Post
    Well, where in Russia is Lipnitskaya from? She might even be Asian, too! ;-)
    Ekarerinburg is in the Ural mountain region pretty much right smack on the border between Europe and Asia -- but technically on the Asia side by a few miles.

From the title of this thread I thought it was spam advertising an Asia dating service: Click here for "Asian-persuation singles events!"

Quote Originally Posted by s_parks View Post
    This reminds me, isn't this the first time in forever since russia doesn't have a man on the podium? They've had a gold from '94-'06, and a silver from plushenko in '10. Wow.
    Denis was born in the Soviet Union and trained under Russian Coaches for years... So that's something for Russia.