2014 Worlds: Which Skaters are not going? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds: Which Skaters are not going?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Mao will be looking for revenge
a World gold medal will end her career on a high note

your journey hasn't ended Mao

Amei

Record Breaker
Is it confirmed that Sui/Han are going instead of Pang/Tong?

These are the teams listed for China, they only have 2 spots; Sui/Han are in italics.

Pang Qing / Tong Jian
Peng Cheng / Zhang Hao
Sui Wenjing / Han Cong

nycskate2014

Rinkside
It will be of Interest to see what happens at the World Championships

Who will go, who will skate nice, who will not go...sadly no Yuna, maybe no Mao or Carolina...who do you want to see

jcsamex

Rinkside
Hopefully Mao will be there to say goodbye to her home country crowd but I don't think Yuna nor Caro will have the motivation for go. I think, if clean, this should be Asada's to lose. However, it will be even more interesting to see the battle for silver and bronze. There you'll have Murakami and probably Suzuki with hunger to better their Olympic result and there you'll have Julia vs (hopefully) Adelina whose national rivalry is huge both have something to prove not only to themselves but their fans. And of course, you'll have the best set of competitive Americans in years. The USA haven't medaled since 2006 with Meissner's once in a life time performance and I think this year will be a strong battle between Gold and Wagner for the top American finish (and possibly end of that medal drought).

It's gonna be really interesting.

slider11

Medalist
Yes, Worlds on in just a month! In the ladies, I'm thinking Carolina and Yuna will bow out. That leaves Adelina, Yulia, Gracie and Ashley to duke it out. Mao has already won Worlds so I'm thinking she's done. In the mens, again, Chan has already won Worlds. Based on his recent comment, "I can see me winning another Worlds but maybe not this year", I see him packing it in for this year maybe two and then reevaluating his chances in two years. I see Hanyu, Javier, and Ten giving it a go. The Russian man (terrible, forgetting name) who was passed by for Evgeni has alot to prove. Are Abbott and Brown going or did they give one spot to Max Aaron? Love Daisuke but I think he's done. In pairs, both Russians will be tough to beat. I think the Germans are done. I don't see anyone else in their caliber. In ice dance, I hope Meryl and Charlie finish their amateur career at Worlds but understand the financial end if you have to "make hay while the sun shines." The window of opportunity is limited for such a niche sport. Pretty sure Scott and Tessa are done. Will be very interesting to see how the young Russians pair against the senior duo and if Cappellinni and Lanotte can make it on the podium. Love them! Farewell to Pechelat and Bourzon - they were fab!!! Could Chock and Bates squeak bronze? Shibs have some thinking to do - have they hit their best or can Marina take them higher?

Srin Odessa

On the Ice
It would be funny if the federations that were slighted at Olympics formed a coalition against the Russians in order to derive them of spots for next worlds. Well, it would be funny in the same way watching grudges in professional wrestling is funny.

Barb

Record Breaker
And I hope Yuzu can to have two wonderful performaces, good for him getting gold but it was not his best.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
And I hope Yuzu can to have two wonderful performaces, good for him getting gold but it was not his best.

Agreed. He can do much better than that. I want him to have a clean FS. I like the R&J program very much and I want to see it without mistakes at least once.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Carolina is going, so is Mao. Akiko has a foot injury and has retired.

But there will be no RUS judge on the Ladies panel---only UKR and EST. The audience will support ALL the skaters, not just the Russians.

rosacotton

Final Flight
Neither Jeremy, Max or Jason are locks to do well at Worlds, but at least with Max & Jason they can gain some much needed experience on the international stage. Jason especially has the chance to show whether he can bounce back from his performance at the Olympics. Technically Jeremy "earned" his spot but I honestly don't see what advantages there are for him going. People aren't interested in seeing Jeremy have another "will he or will he not headcase" moment, he already had his "comeback story" at the Olympics, so why not leave on a high note? Imo, it will show a lot of class & maturity for him to step aside for Jason because he has nothing left to prove anymore.

My thoughts exactly.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Carolina is going, so is Mao. Akiko has a foot injury and has retired.

But there will be no RUS judge on the Ladies panel---only UKR and EST. The audience will support ALL the skaters, not just the Russians.

Can you post a link to Akikos retirement message? Japanese will do. Thanks!

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Seems like Patrick Chan and Virtue & Moir still haven't made official decisions. Perhaps they will do so once they get home.