2014 Worlds: Which Skaters are not going? | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds: Which Skaters are not going?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm from the US and prefer V/M, and while I think it was inevitable that D/W were going to win the OGM, doesn't mean I agree with the result but I accept it.

Midnight Skater is right, you can't make generalizations about fan preference based on patriotism.

You are wrong. If you like D/W more then okay but to say that D/W have been better than V/M every time for the past 4 years is just not true. V/M were better than D/W in the GPF a few months ago but the result was IMO wrong.
All I'm saying is that the last thing to make me support a skater would be what country they come from. I don't care where they come from. So please don't say that would be the only reason. I'm American yet liked the Canadians better. So what ?.

Certainly I'm not in agreement that patriotism drives one preference of skaters and certainly you can disagree with the result. However, that's a different bag of fish then saying that Davis and White getting the OGM was a controversial result. They're not one in the same, IMO.

I don't think D/W's win got anywhere near the same public outcry compared to the one in the ladies result.

Last edited:

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
Certainly I'm not in agreement that patriotism drives one preference of skaters and certainly you can disagree with the result. However, that's a different bag of fish then saying that Davis and White getting the OGM was a controversial result. They're not one in the same, IMO.

I don't think D/W's win got anywhere near the same public outcry compared to the one in the ladies result.

The one thing I've learned in watching skating for over 20 years is that everyone sees different things when watching the same skaters.
We all have our favourites for different reasons.
D/W did not get to me emotionally like V/M but I still enjoy watching them & will continue to do so when looking back on their programs.
I can honestly say there is not a skater/skaters that I could not find something about them to admire/respect/love.
When an Olympic cycle is over & many retire I truly feel like I am losing close friends.
I always try to look at the skater/skaters positive points as it helps me to enjoy them more. The last thing I think about is the country they come from.
Also, over the years I have come to care less about the marks & more about the skating ON the ice rather than the judging OFF it.
Maybe I'm getting old.....................

bramweld

Record Breaker
Years from now I still feel that the programs that people will watch are those from B/S, W/P and I/K. These performances were stand outs for me.

If we are honest both of these programs were ho-hum retreads of their previous programs. Especially for V/M. I still don't understand why V/M were so afraid to try something different. They have really outgrown Marina's work ages ago. Who got gold or silver will not be important in the end. It will be the performances, jmho.