Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Worlds: Which Skaters are not going?

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8in View Post
    I can just picture Putin watching Yulia practice on surveillance video, and like marching up to her with a whip. "EEF you vant to EAT YOU VILL STRETCH ZAT ANKLE BEHIND YOUR EAR LOBES!!!"
    Does Putin talk like Count Dracula? What am I missing here? Why would "you vant to" be in lower case while everything gets capitalized?

Banned
    Yes, and because he yells the last part.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8in View Post
    Yes, and because he yells the last part.
    Ok thanks! I also appreciate that he yells EFF at the beginning just to get her attention.

generally interested fan Esopian's Avatar
    This is a bit off topic glancing at the recent pages, but I'm kind of sad there won't be a Patrick-Yuzuru showdown at 2014 Worlds because P-Chan isn't going. I feel when the two of them are in a competition, they both help motivate each other mentally in a way by their always-present rivalry. Their relationship is actually rather interesting.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sai Bon View Post
    Such a cool quote, WeakAnkles! I've just put it on my FB LOL
    Thank you, but I don't know which quote you're talking about. And should I be talking to my attorneys about royalties (ha ha ha, just kidding there).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bunnychan View Post
    I hope so too! I do think his best this year was 4cc, though, especially the Mission program. Had he gotten that score at the Olympics, he'd have been in 11th or so.
    He is still young enough for the next Oly. Finger cross for China to have more than 1 quota next time around.

Hic Rhodus, hic salta
    Péchalat/Bourzat confirmed they are going to Worlds! Source: their Facebook page. I wish them all the best.

^ Thank goodness! Allez, Nathalie et Fabian!

Awaiting Boris and Oleg
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd View Post
    ^ Thank goodness! Allez, Nathalie et Fabian!

Yay, at least one of my faves is going to Worlds!

I really did think D/W and V/M would go ... sigh. I was ready to say farewell to their competitive careers but I thought we had one more chance to see them at Worlds -- then let things shake out for the next quad.

But I hope P/B have amazing skates. I love both their dances this year.

Love popcorn, hate horrendous costumes. Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Esopian View Post
    This is a bit off topic glancing at the recent pages, but I'm kind of sad there won't be a Patrick-Yuzuru showdown at 2014 Worlds because P-Chan isn't going. I feel when the two of them are in a competition, they both help motivate each other mentally in a way by their always-present rivalry. Their relationship is actually rather interesting.
    Actually they both deserve some rest, but Yuzuru did not have a clean free skate so he has something to prove, not to mention he is young so it's understandable. On the other hand, things with PChan is not smooth... such a pity, he might have lost the motivation. I hope he will be alright when he come back.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    If you like P&B be happy V&M and D&W arent going. This is the only chance P&B would have ever had of a World title (by next year even they would probably have had no chance with the younger improving teams).
    I'm very excited to see P/B at worlds.

What's that about thngs with Patrick not being "smmoth," Meoima? Is there some information out there that I haven't heard? Certainly he's been keeping a very low profile lately. I feel bad for him after that Long Program.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by msadot View Post
    Thanks. Just... pity that World Championship got... a bit snubbed this year. :(

Glad for Mao, Caro, Pechalat-Bourzat n especially Berton-Hotarek, as they decided to be there. Whatever the result (though some medals are a matter of fact), they will deliver a great perfomance.
    Despite being a bit sorry for Anna P n Yulia L (as of now, they are the official competitors for Russia and being "kicked off" does not sound nice), I would really like Adelina to compete instead of one of them. Just to see the scores.
    The Russians should be more protective of Yulia than they are Adelina. Sotnikova can handle everyhting thrown at her physically and mentally. Yulia needs to be great 3 years from now. Why risk over working her at 15 and as light as she is? Very risky business. If I was Adelina I would tell her federations leaders to step aside and let her go to work in Japan. I mean it's not like she hasn't beaten everyone in the 2014 world championship field by age 17. She has. And she offers Russia a much more sure chance of earning 3 skaters for next years worlds than the still wet behind her ears Anna does.

Down With It
    Lipnitskaya will be fine. I think she will just need to learn to pace herself a bit better.

Love popcorn, hate horrendous costumes. Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    What's that about thngs with Patrick not being "smmoth," Meoima? Is there some information out there that I haven't heard? Certainly he's been keeping a very low profile lately. I feel bad for him after that Long Program.
    No no no, nothing new, It's just my thoughts on the whole thing anyways. Yuzuru has to prove himself that he can have a perfect clean free skate so I understand his motivation to compete in Worlds, not to mention it's his home ice.
    On the other hand, PChan has lost the gold that his whole nation had expected him to get (while technically Yuzuru let the door so open). He had prepared 4 years for this Olympic and things did not go well (not that a silver medal is not precious, but...) so he might not be in competitive mood these days. I hope he would find joy while resting and come back next season. And PChan might not get a best score in Japan anyways.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by rallycairn View Post
    I really did think D/W and V/M would go ... sigh. I was ready to say farewell to their competitive careers but I thought we had one more chance to see them at Worlds -- then let things shake out for the next quad.
    It was always unlikely that V/M were going to go to Worlds this time. They had hinted all season that they might not go, and you could tell that was what most in the Canadian sports community assumed several weeks ago. Tracy Wilson, who has known V/M since they were kids, said on NBC the night of their Sochi FD that it was unlikely we would see them at Worlds, and CBC pretty much said the same thing. And if you've been following the training schedule of G/P since they got home from 4 Continents, you could tell that there was a high likelihood they would be assigned to Worlds. G/P had gotten heavy hints that they would be replacing V/M long before the official decision was made.

D/W are another matter. Whereas skating fans should not have expected to see V/M at Worlds, they have a right to be disappointed that D/W aren't going since they had said they were going to attend Worlds. It's also been reported that their parents were even telling the press as recently as a few weeks ago in Sochi that D/W were going to Worlds. So those who got tickets expecting to see D/W are understandably disappointed at the last minute change of plans. It seems even Zoueva assumed up until recently that they were going to Worlds since she's been quoted on other threads as saying she was expecting them to win a 3rd World Title!

Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast