2014 Worlds: Which Skaters are not going? | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds: Which Skaters are not going?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
According to pechalat and bourzat's facebook page, they are still deciding.

Oh I know I will get lambasted but I detest skaters who do this. Go on P and B you made your decision let it be just let it be. I htink the lure of a medal might be getting them. P and B always were on the cusp of getting kicked out of the top 5; I am so proud they got 4th and C and b an d W and p didn't pass them along with B and S and all. Let it be P and B; move on. Just walk forward you made your decision now live with joyy with it.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
According to pechalat and bourzat's facebook page, they are still deciding.

FFSG says Pechalat/Bourzat ARE going to Worlds.

Isn't it kind of an unfair advantage to hire two ice dancers to be on the show? They would have much more experience and skill than the other celebrities.

Btw, V&M are scheduled to do Stars on Ice in Halifax in April (along with several other Canadian skaters):

http://thechronicleherald.ca/artslife/1189984-chan-virtue-moir-among-halifax-performers

Virtue/Moir are cast members for the entire SOI Japan tour as well as the entire CSOI tour. :)

Re DWTS, totally agree that Davis and White would have an unfair advantage. Obviously they are very experienced at mastering complex choreography -- including lots of ballroom -- and selling it to an audience. The difference btwn ice and floor is nothing compared to the learning curve of someone like Laila Ali or Bill Nye or Penn Gillette or Master P.
BUT as Doris basically said, as long as the show is entertaining, it has accomplished its own goal. Fairness is not the point at all.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Re DWTS, totally agree that Davis and White would have an unfair advantage. Obviously they are very experienced at mastering complex choreography -- including lots of ballroom -- and selling it to an audience. The difference btwn ice and floor is nothing compared to the learning curve of someone like Laila Ali or Bill Nye or Penn Gillette or Master P.
BUT as Doris basically said, as long as the show is entertaining, it has accomplished its own goal. Fairness is not the point at all.

Who knows to WHAT LENGTHS people will go to get that silver trophy? After all, what is an Olympic Gold Medal compared to that SHINY DISCO BALL?????

:rofl:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Obviously there are differences, but I think being a competitive athlete, especially a figure skater and an ice dancer, does give an advantage. In 2010, I don't think it's a coincidence that Evan Lysacek finished 2nd in DWTS. As a figure skater, one learns how to move to a choreographed routine and how to practice particular steps and movements.

And remember Kristi Yamaguch won it and she has a bigger advantage having done pairs skating with Rudi Galindo.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Who knows to WHAT LENGTHS people will go to get that silver trophy? After all, what is an Olympic Gold Medal compared to that SHINY DISCO BALL?????

:rofl:

Well let me see - have you watched Dancing with the Stars. We have seen more flaunting of body parts and flesh than Ashley Wagner two foots. lol

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
It would be nice if Davis and white can get their famie and fortune on DWTS. V and M go out with a world gold and I suppose P and B an medal though they already have a medal and like the Shibutani's maybe that was when they should have left (though the Shibs were so young. Odd it is almost like they are hasbeens and now Chock and Bates are over shadowing them. Though I wouldn't mind seeing V and m, I and K and W and P being on the podium at world's. I kind of hope the Reed's will retire; they have not progressed. I have a sneaking suspicion they come from a rich family who moves their kids around to allow them to compete in less competitive environments. I think P and T are finished and I kind of wouldn't mind S squared moving on unless they can win world gold.

chloepoco

Medalist
It would be nice if Davis and white can get their famie and fortune on DWTS. V and M go out with a world gold and I suppose P and B an medal though they already have a medal and like the Shibutani's maybe that was when they should have left (though the Shibs were so young. Odd it is almost like they are hasbeens and now Chock and Bates are over shadowing them. Though I wouldn't mind seeing V and m, I and K and W and P being on the podium at world's. I kind of hope the Reed's will retire; they have not progressed. I have a sneaking suspicion they come from a rich family who moves their kids around to allow them to compete in less competitive environments. I think P and T are finished and I kind of wouldn't mind S squared moving on unless they can win world gold.

Geez, how many people did you manage to insult in one short paragraph?

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Isn't it kind of an unfair advantage to hire two ice dancers to be on the show? They would have much more experience and skill than the other celebrities.

Who cares about the other celebrities, they will just be a sideshow to the epic Meryl Davis vs Charlie White competition. An Olympic Gold winning Ice Dance team now competing against each other. Who will win?!?!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Meryl for the win! :) She won against Charlie and everyone else in a comp at one of the Japanese Ice shows. She did The Worm.

fruitbasket

Rinkside
Sotnikova breaks her own records in a month by rec'd inflated PCS/GOE.

2014 World competition, how she is going to deal with differenct judges.

Let's see real performance at 2014 world.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Meryl for the win! :) She won against Charlie and everyone else in a comp at one of the Japanese Ice shows. She did The Worm.

if they really do it Charlie will beat Meryl almost for sure. I bet he is going to come across as more likable and pull in more votes.

vtgal

Rinkside
USFS are basically saying they don't give a crap about getting a third spot for an up and coming skater if they don't strongarm Jeremy into withdrawing due to injury/retiring so Jason can go. What a waste it will be so that Jeremy can attempt yet another redemptive moment and finish 7th-12th.
If Jeremy is going to attempt another redemptive moment, I don't think he really knows what redemption means. Redemption for him, IMHO, would not mean finishing 7-12, it would be finishing at least top 5. Don't see that happening.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

Hmm where is the moderator - seems like we can make thigns personal or it is highly subjective. Oh well like skating LOL. It may be insulting but there is some truth and the truth can hurt. The facts are the facts - The Reeds have moved all over the place for oly glory or chance and Davis and White deserve t make money and enjoy their success.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Participants must be named before Monday 20.00 local time, which is 12.00 Central European Time and early morning in America.

So I guess the entries are up on Tuesday.