Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Olympics Free Dance

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    While it would be close to LITERALLY impossible to rig the draw (off the top of my head I can't think how it could be done or, really, who would want to do it who would actually be able to) I do agree it is unbelievably lucky for D/W that they got the final spot in both programs. Odds of it, while not astronomically low, are low enough that they should be thanking their lucky stars.
    Maybe that's why Meryl is wearing those sleeves. They're stuffed with #20s! (In actuality, I have no idea how the draw works. I'm assuming numbers in a bag?)

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    bad draw for P/B to have a fair shot at Bronze.

Custom Title
    I'm extremely happy Sheherezade will be the last dance of these Olympics. Talk about ending it on a high note.

See, even the stars are aligned to ensure Meryl and Charlie win I mean, this is pretty much the universe telling us who should be the next Olympic champions.

ITA regarding P/B, though. Skating before both Russian teams might cost them that bronze.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplyLex View Post
    I'm extremely happy Sheherezade will be the last dance of these Olympics. Talk about ending it on a high note.

See, even the stars are aligned to ensure Meryl and Charlie win I mean, this is pretty much the universe telling us who should be the next Olympic champions.

ITA regarding P/B, though. Skating before both Russian teams might cost them that bronze.
    YES. Everything seems to really work in their favor. Me too, so glad that it would be the last dance people would see and remember. Their GOLDEN MOMENT is about to be etched in such an epic and historic fashion.

What a great story it has been unfolding before our eyes... From their humble beginnings and all the in betweens, it is now culminating to this one BIG moment for them. Such a class act all through the years I might add!

I'm already getting choke up and holding back tears. Will be so happy for them and I can't wait for tomorrow.

Custom Title
    I hope Meryl and Charlie are magical tomorrow and that they win huge without question breaking their own world record.

Quote Originally Posted by bixby View Post
    YES. Everything seems to really work in their favor. Me too, so glad that it would be the last dance people would see and remember. Their GOLDEN MOMENT is about to be etched in such an epic and historic fashion.

What a great story it has been unfolding before our eyes... From their humble beginnings and all the in betweens, it is now culminating to this one BIG moment for them. Such a class act all through the years I might add!

I'm already getting choke up and holding back tears. Will be so happy for them and I can't wait for tomorrow.

Banned
    With that draw podium probably remains the same. I&K will know exactly what P&B did and what they must do to secure the bronze (B&S can do nothing to catch them from more than 3 points back if they put up a good performance and high score). D&W likewise will know exactly what score they need to stay in front of V&M.

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    I'm really excited for tomorrow! I think that there are a lot of pairs to enjoy watching in this area right now. Beyond D/W and V/M, I'm really excited to watch I/K and P/B!!

I absoluetly love the "Swan Lake" FD - so I hope they skate it really well....and that all her feathers stay where they should!

On the Ice
    I will probably be hyperventilating tomorrow during my morning class just thinking about the competition that will be happening at the same time. I hope Meryl and Charlie have a magical performance tomorrow so they leave no doubt as to the winner, as well as a well-skated event overall.

Medalist
    Looking at the draw and considering the programs... everybody's buzzing about D/W and V/M for 1-2 but I see I/K sneaking in for silver. Call me crazy, I just do... V/M's strength is the SD and they're not ahead enough that I/K's Swan Lake can't catch them. I/K will will have the crowd going wild!! Seems pretty clear that D/W will take gold and it should be V/M and I/K for silver and bronze either way. P/B will be low-balled just on the draw and B/S will be completely overshadowed by I/K. Can't wait to see it all unfold!

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    Quote Originally Posted by uncchristine99 View Post
    Looking at the draw and considering the programs... everybody's buzzing about D/W and V/M for 1-2 but I see I/K sneaking in for silver. Call me crazy, I just do... V/M's strength is the SD and they're not ahead enough that I/K's Swan Lake can't catch them. I/K will will have the crowd going wild!! Seems pretty clear that D/W will take gold and it should be V/M and I/K for silver and bronze either way. P/B will be low-balled just on the draw and B/S will be completely overshadowed by I/K. Can't wait to see it all unfold!
    Oh man.....If that prediction were to come true, I'd just be That would certainly be a twist!

Custom Title
    For the record If Ilinykh/Katsalapov win bronze medal, she is going to be second ypungest ice dance medalist in olympics after Klimova.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by uncchristine99 View Post
    Would only happen if V/M gets 2+ points in lift deduction or something, which frankly isn't impossible. They are at least 3 points ahead in PCS. I love V/M's FD, but there were visible sloppy parts when they skated it in the team comp. The lifts are also not pretty.

Let's be honest. The main problem is Tessa's size, which makes their lifts look less light and acrobatically adept than D/W and even I/K and P/B. I find myself worry about their lifts, even though I think their steps in the Glazonov FD are by and large the most artistic. We might be seeing a lot of dance teams with relatively bigger size difference being on top for the years to come.

Custom Title
    I feel like ppl are jumping the gun. There is no way IMHO that V/M will not win AT LEAST a silver, and the gold is not in DW's hands yet. They could fall on an element or something. Crazier things have happened!

Re: their lifts, apparently Virtue/Moir have changed the first lift in their FD that they struggled with in the team event:

The fight will continue up through the medals ceremony. Coaches are still tweaking elements, determined to give their teams the edge. Among them: Marina Zoueva, coach of Davis and White, and Virtue and Moir.

"This was perfect, their best practice so far," Zoueva said of Virtue and Moir's Saturday afternoon session. "So much unison, so together. Very confident skating."

While Zoueva has not modified any of Davis and White's elements, she said she had adjusted the first lift in the Canadian's free dance: "We changed the position, made the lift smoother."

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetskates1 View Post
    I hope Meryl and Charlie are magical tomorrow and that they win huge without question breaking their own world record.
    I hope for justice, fairness, karma and that they all skate well but no over marking please.

Custom Title
    With the way the judges undermarked V/M in the SD I am starting to think there may be a chance that they somehow drop to bronze with I/K taking silver.

In any case, I really hope that V/M have the skate of a lifetime to wrap up their remarkable skating careers! It's really bittersweet/sad to think that this will be their final skate ever.

Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast