Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Olympics Free Dance

pushing the boudaries in dance and in live
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I hope for justice, fairness, karma and that they all skate well but no over marking please.
    uh, THIS...after yesterday I'm prepared for judging fest - Tessa and Scott dancing before Elena and Nikita give a real opportunity for Russians to challenge that silver medal IMO - but ofc there must be errors from Canadians and a stellar, clean performance form Russians, but maybe without these things it will happen...As I said in other thread - big gig feeds on big scores

Both duets are capable of things I wrote below - Canadians to error/fail and Russians to standout - I think that this is the real question now.

And personally I'm glad that I won't see this - the judging slowly makes me sick and kills for me this competition. After I get home I'll check the results and probably chek your comments on this thread because of slow internet connection in my house (so I will have to wait to next monday to rewatch FD).

So in advance - good luck to all competitors - Sara and Adria please don't fall this time, this is my particular request

Banned
    jeez yall are making me seriously paranoid about i/k getting silver

then again they skated lights out in the team event and were still behind a sloppy-*** v/m by several points

Custom Title
    I am hoping for Dani and Greg to get a new personal best and skate their hearts out for their Olympic dream! They deserve it!

My DVR is set! But no doubt by the time I wake up this thread will be over 100 pages of whining, whinging, moaning, crying, and wuzrobbing from the V/M stans or D/W stans and the number of times the word "fix" is mentioned will break a new world record.

Custom Title
    As I was just saying on the Short Dance thread, I hope that the D&W and V&M hardcore fans realize that there are some of us that like both teams and can appreciate whoever skates well and whoever deserves to win. It doesn't make sense when hardcore partisans of one team or the other claim that one of them is 10,000 times better than the other! Those of us who have followed both teams for the past number of years know they are close in ability, so come on!

Anyway, this whole rivalry may be coming to an end today anyway. It's possible that one or both of these teams may be retiring after the Olympics or after Worlds. So this endless debate about which team should win at which event might be coming to an end.

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Ryan, thank you. I'm rooting for my countrymen, D/W. I really want them to be the first American couple, dance or pairs, to win the OGM. I also happen to prefer their style of dance.

However, I am still fans of V/M. They are beautiful.

The time is coming when we'll look back at this time and realize it was a golden age. Two teams at the top of their game. Only they have been capable of beating the other. No other team in four years has ever come close to knocking one of them off. For four years, we've had a back and forth, down to the wire rivalry (yes, I know things have gone D/W way recently). They've both delivered amazing programs in this timeframe.

I hope they'll both be able to look back and marvel at what they've accomplished, and I hope once they hang up their skates, we'll be able to look back, too, without the bitterness and rancor.

Custom Title
    I'm also hoping that the work V&M and D&W have done will help pave the path for more of our favourite Canadian & American dance teams to move up in the years ahead, and that it will keep the playing field more level for North American dance teams than was the case in the past.

Custom Title
    I just hope that if I/K do medal here that they, and the rest of the ice skating world, do not take it as an ok fromTPTB to shift back to programs where style matters more than substance, where technical complexity and excellence take a back seat to Uber!Drama! and "emoting." I like I/K and can certainly acknowledge their talent, but that is a 6.0 program masquerading as an IJS program. A lot of dramatic smoke and mirrors serving to distract us from the reality that it is a program which technically is a decided step backwards.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    Well, they do have to skate after the two Russian teams, but I have complete faith in their Schez program and wish them well.
    Skating after B/S they're going to look amazing.

Banned
    yeah i doubt i'll watch much ice dancing after v/m and d/w retire. it was never my favorite discipline but i really warmed to it these past quad and a half-ish mainly due to these two teams. no one else really holds my attention. i like i/k, i guess, and maybe i'll like them more when they mature a little but i don't see the same quality and charisma in their skating. who knows...(although i'm apparently cooling on ladies now that yuna and mao are on their way out and yulia's an emotionless little baby robot and the state of men's skating is, well, you know, so maybe i'm just over figure skating as a whole until the next michelle kwan pops up)

Custom Title
    Scheduled Streams:

http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?...07&part=sports
    http://lag10.com/channel29

Please feel free to post additional streams when links become available!

Custom Title
    Free Dance Judging Panel
    (No change in Tech Panel from SD)

Makarova - UKR
    Buchanan - GBR
    Rettstatt - USA
    Krauzizene - LTU
    Ceccattini - ITA
    Andreeva - RUS
    Abbott - CAN
    Nechkina - AZB
    Fukudome - JPN

Banned
    sigh, the one downside to the reeds not qualifying is me not being able to make all my 'the reeds are the worst' jokes

Custom Title
    The French judge is gone and with UKR, RUS and AZE on the panel, the bronze will go to RUS for sure.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    Ryan, thank you. I'm rooting for my countrymen, D/W. I really want them to be the first American couple, dance or pairs, to win the OGM. I also happen to prefer their style of dance.

However, I am still fans of V/M. They are beautiful.

The time is coming when we'll look back at this time and realize it was a golden age. Two teams at the top of their game. Only they have been capable of beating the other. No other team in four years has ever come close to knocking one of them off. For four years, we've had a back and forth, down to the wire rivalry (yes, I know things have gone D/W way recently). They've both delivered amazing programs in this timeframe.

I hope they'll both be able to look back and marvel at what they've accomplished, and I hope once they hang up their skates, we'll be able to look back, too, without the bitterness and rancor.
    That's my feeling exactly. When they're both gone, we'll realize what a treasure we had in our TWO astonishing couples. One can prefer one or the other, but the fact is that each brought out the best in the other in so many ways. In fact, one might argue that Marina Zoueva upped her game in terms of program design and coaching methods because she had two such extraordinary couples to work with. It almost doesn't matter which one gets gold and which gets silver. They are both among the greatest ever, regardless of outcome here.

Custom Title
    Wish Nathalie & Fabian another great skate! The Olympic Bronze medal to go out of their competitive career would for this lovely couple would be great!!!! Fingers crossed.

A glass of wine, ready! A plate of nuts and chocolates ready! .....a box of kleenex, ready;;;;; oh I'm gonna miss Nathalie/Fabian, Meryl/Charlie, Tessa/Scott a lot when the Games are over.

Good luck to every dance teams!

Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 ... LastLast