2014 Olympics Ladies Free Skate | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Ladies Free Skate

viennaskater

Medalist
*Scratches head* for a moment there I was stumped - then I checked the skating order and realised who Anne Line, Elizaveta and Nicole are. Well, I can't support my compariot (Jenna) because she didn't qualify :eek:hwell: so I will support Carolina instead. Her SP was sublime and after so many years I would love to see her win!

cjsk8fan

On the Ice
My prediction.

1. Yuna
2. Yulia
3. Gracie

I don't know about Gracie being third but I definately think Yulia will medal. I think there will be a bit of a home town advantage for the Russian women.

1. Yuna

2. Yulia

3. Adelina

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
According to a wiki page, the oldest winners for Ladies' are-
Ethel Muckelt; 38 years, 246 days; Bronze
Beatrix Loughran; 27 years, 233 days; Bronze
Madge Syers; 27 years, 43 days; Gold
Irina Slutskaya; 27 years, 14 days; Bronze

Carolina's 27 years and 12 days right now :) Hope that helps, Layfan.

Icey

Record Breaker
Haha, Godlina. Great nickname. By the way, who the **** is Gumby? I mean, I know you guys mean Julia, but what is Gumby? I don't get it, seems to be a cultural thing.

Uncoordinated in a sporting sense according to a slang dictionary

ARipp42014

Medalist
For those who don't know why Julia is Gumby, it's because she's flexible as Gumby. Nothing to do with being green. :agree:

Another pregame entertainment... since we all love Romeo and Juliet (and there's ongoing hate towards fanbases), this makes sense:
http://youtu.be/KUCdT-m5kmI

Icey

Record Breaker

I have found lag10 to be the best stream I have ever used. Very rarely any of the usual problems.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Good luck to Yuna, Caro, Adelina, the US Ladies and the Japanese Ladies!

deedee1

Record Breaker
My wish is Carolina to hit everything :cool:, rock the arena :rock:, dazzle all the people and skating fans in the world watching TV with her brilliant skate :love:, and win this all! please, skating gods, please!!! :bow:

jcykim

Rinkside
Please watch :laugh: This is great competition. Three skaters are so close together. WOW. Free skate going to be exciting. Yu-Na only going to do 6 triple, Kostner and Sotnikova 7 triple. We will see. Hoping for everyone to skate good tomorrow. :popcorn: I'm only sorry for Asada.

Please think before saying judging was bad. There was a Korean judge on panel but no Russian was there:rolleye:

Why do ppl keep saying that there were no russian judges as if that justifies the ridiculous scores apart from Yuna? Its either Yuna was underscored or everyone else was high

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
My wish is Carolina to hit everything :cool:, rock the arena :rock:, dazzle all the people and skating fans in the world watching TV with her brilliant skate :love:, and win this all! please, skating gods, please!!! :bow:

This is my dream scenario!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I have found lag10 to be the best stream I have ever used. Very rarely any of the usual problems.

Absolutely. I've bookmarked it. Check their schedule--if you like British sports, they've got a veritable buffet of them. Looking forward to rugby season--I will finally get a chance to watch Hull FC live!

Rikku

Just enjoying the skating
Final Flight
According to the Sochi page, the panel is actually this:

ISU Birgit FOELL GER
ISU Yury BALKOV UKR
ISU Franco BENINI ITA
ISU Zanna KULIK EST
ISU Nobuhiko YOSHIOKA JPN
ISU Alla SHEKHOVTSEVA RUS
ISU Helene CUCUPHAT FRA
ISU Karen HOWARD CAN
ISU Adriana DOMANSKA SVK

Anastasi14

On the Ice
ISU Yury BALKOV
Judge

Really? So the Olympic judge gave me +GOE for my spins at the adult (amator) competitions :laugh: