2014 Olympics Ladies Free Skate | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Ladies Free Skate

Big Deal

Final Flight
Alla Shekovtseva, the wife of Piseeev used to be in each and every panels when Russian Ice Dancers had need to be biased and pushed. She put Lobacheva/Averbukh in front of Anissina-Peizerat back in 2002......
She moved to the Ladies Panel now. I wonder, why.
So there are 2 Russian judges (Shekovtseva-RUS and Balkov-UKR)
No Korean in the panel??

Ukraine already gave a Gold to Russia (Tatjana Volosozhar).........

flossiebebe

Rinkside
ISU Yury BALKOV
Judge

Really? So the Olympic judge gave me +GOE for my spins at the adult (amator) competitions :laugh:

This is the same judge who was suspended before. See quote below from Toronto Sun:

At the 1998 Nagano Games, suspicious Canadian judge Jean Senft recorded a phone conversation with Yuri Balkov, a Ukrainian judge who asked Senft to vote for Ukrainian skaters in exchange for Balkov backing Canada’s ice-dance darlings Shae-Lynn Bourne and Victor Kraatz. She handed the evidence to the International Skating Union, which suspended Balkov – for only a year.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Johnny: Is he Julius Caesar with his headband?
Tara: gold, gold, and more gold! Too much bronzer, though!

Ambivalent

On the Ice
I think it is set. If Yuna and Sotnikova make one mistake each it's going to Adelina. The judging has been an absolute farce these Olympics.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
According to the Sochi page, the panel is actually this:

ISU Birgit FOELL GER
ISU Yury BALKOV UKR
ISU Franco BENINI ITA
ISU Zanna KULIK EST
ISU Nobuhiko YOSHIOKA JPN
ISU Alla SHEKHOVTSEVA RUS
ISU Helene CUCUPHAT FRA
ISU Karen HOWARD CAN
ISU Adriana DOMANSKA SVK
No US judge? Are you aware you just added at least 20 additional pages to this thread (apart from starting 4-5 new ones)?

Anastasi14

On the Ice
This is the same judge who was suspended before. .
He is in charge of judging at the all Ukrainian competitions, from children's to Ukrainian nationals and competitions among adults (amators)...and i can't say thet people often pleased with his judgment. one word - corruption

ARipp42014

Medalist
I think I'll be posting nothing but Romeo et Juliette songs (in French, Italian, Hungarian, and Japanese) as intermission entertainment! I'm out of Eurovision ideas, unless we bring back Epic Sax Guy!

Icey

Record Breaker
I'm concerned about Mao. She looks as if she has gone into a depression, which will be almost impossible to fight through.