Page 2 of 202 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Olympics Ladies Free Skate

Quote Originally Posted by Finnstep View Post
    Starting orders are up.

Yu-Na will be skating last. Good luck, Yu-Na!
    2013 WC redux or will she Irina herself to 3rd like in 2006? SO MUCH DRAMA!

Oh man, it's like Destiny with Yuna skating last, and I'm SO HAPPY the two skaters who are virtually tied with her are total headcases in the free program.

Rinkside
    This is remind of me 2013 World Championship.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Oh man, it's like Destiny with Yuna skating last, and I'm SO HAPPY the two skaters who are virtually tied with her are total headcases in the free program.
    But IIRC, Adelina did 2 of clean-ish LPs in a row recently.

Custom Title
    I predict Yuna to get angry and then has a skate of her life as in world 2013.

It is suck that Kostner is sandwich by Russian, I want her to pull Arakawa so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
    But IIRC, Adelina did 2 of clean-ish LPs in a row recently.
    She's been more often a headcase in the LP especially when under pressure. How many people insist on projecting the future based on one competition or two? Didn't Yulia's SP result bring any common sense back?

Banned
    If Carolina is clean, she will win
    Yuna' Freeskate, that adios nino is terrible and falls flat

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by fahrenheit290 View Post
    Prediction: This will play out like Torino. Top three very close together. The one people are least expecting wins the gold medal: Carolina Kostner.
    Cohen was the winner until she fell.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    She's been more often a headcase in the LP especially when under pressure. How many people insist on projecting the future based on one competition or two? Didn't Yulia's SP result bring any common sense back?
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    When were those? The only one I know of is Russian Nationals (and she still lost the LP there to Julia).
    Sorry, My mistake. I thought she did a clean-ish program at Euros as well as at Russian Nats. I checked it again and nope, it wasn't that clean.

Whoever skates the cleanest will win! Anything can happen!

I know people have their preferences but if it's the right winner, please accept it and not spend hours whining about it (like certain people here). The anti-whatever great skater BS is just... nasty!

Custom Title
    WOW. That draw is insane. Yuna skating last will keep the drama going till the bitter end.

I'm glad Mao gets to skate last in her group. I know at this point she'd need the zamboni to start running over skaters to medal, I still want to see her have some redemption.

Seeing this draw, I have never been happier that Gracie has Frank as her coach. If Adelina goes clean that arena will burst into flames and Gracie is going to need his experience to help her.

It's also interesting to see Carolina skating between the Russians. She followed Julia tonight so it might be a non issue for her, but the energy from the Russian audience is just insane. That's something about Russians... they know how to change the energy of a room at the drop of a hat. Having lived in Moscow to study theater I think I can say that with some authority

I think 5th is a good spot for Ashley.

I'll be amused to hear Scott and Sandra's commentary for all this. Histrionics to be sure!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    WOW. That draw is insane. Yuna skating last will keep the drama going till the bitter end.

I'm glad Mao gets to skate last in her group. I know at this point she'd need the zamboni to start running over skaters to medal, I still want to see her have some redemption.

Seeing this draw, I have never been happier that Gracie has Frank as her coach. If Adelina goes clean that arena will burst into flames and Gracie is going to need his experience to help her.

It's also interesting to see Carolina skating between the Russians. She followed Julia tonight so it might be a non issue for her, but the energy from the Russian audience is just insane. That's something about Russians... they know how to change the energy of a room at the drop of a hat. Having lived in Moscow to study theater I think I can say that with some authority

I think 5th is a good spot for Ashley.

I'll be amused to hear Scott and Sandra's commentary for all this. Histrionics to be sure!
    You can watch it live at 10am on NBCSN.

Yuna skating last? That is crazy.

So, it's basically Yuna and Caro sandwiched by two young Russians and Americans in the final flight, huh? Figures.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by lupojohn View Post
    Cohen was the winner until she fell.
    I just really can see Kostner pulling out a win, and the other two ladies faltering, be it through falls (the Russian) or just not skating with passion or artistry (Kim). Of course, Sasha would have won had she skated cleanly--probably the most gorgeous figure skater I've seen (I really miss her spirals). Arakawa was on fire in practices and even hit a triple-triple-triple combination, but everyone was talking about Sasha and Irina then. The result was someone relatively unexpected, but in great form in that moment taking the gold. That could happen tomorrow.

I wonder if we'll see a controversial finish. When was the last time a gold-medal winner was relatively (or highly) disputed in the ladies' competition?

Tripping on the Podium
    Well my podium prediction is now

1. Kim Yuna
    2. Carolina Kostner
    3. Adeline Sotnikova

Kostner's program is better than Sotnikova so I put her above. I think Sotnikova's slight overs core will allow her to scrape bronze medal

It previously was

1. Kim Yuna
    2. Mao Asada
    3. Julia Lipnitskaia

I don't see Mao getting a medal even if say she broke Yuna's record unfortunately. She has to much ground to make (20 points)

As for Julia I think the pressure got to her. She will probably place 4th

Page 2 of 202 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast