2014 Olympics Ladies Free Skate | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Ladies Free Skate

sk8in

Match Penalty
Oh yeah, Gracie's jumps were sooooooo good tonight. So good. Yeah. Totally deserved a +2 for her 3Lz-3T instead of +0.5 GOE. Yup. Yeah.
Sotnikova's jumps are not graceful at all, and less difficult. She is a high jumping freak show with no artistry.

Becki

Medalist
Oh yeah, Gracie's jumps were sooooooo good tonight. So good. Yeah. Totally deserved a +2 for her 3Lz-3T instead of +0.5 GOE. Yup. Yeah.

I think Gracie was overscored. Should've been around 66-67 :S Then again, I thought Adelina was grossly overscored too. Even with home-ice inflation, I think she deserved between a 70-71. Kostner was brilliant, I would've had her slightly above Kim.

zephyrskates

On the Ice
Thank you very much! I'm planning my lunch break accordingly. Depending on the results, I will be happy drunk or sad drunk at work tomorrow afternoon.

MiRé

Match Penalty
YES!! My work ends at 1:30PM EST, THANK GOD. Absolutely CANNOT wait for tomorrow :biggrin:

marcolee925

Rinkside
I think she'll choke and the gold will be between Kim and Sotnikova who seems to be in a fantastic shape lately. Given Sot's BV is higher and the judges are giving her huge marks, she might end up winning... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! :slink:

I think Lipnitskaia can still pull up to bronze, at the very least, with a clean FS.

In Vancouver, the reigning World Champ won, the World Champ from 2 seasons ago won silver, the local darling bronze, and the Frank Carroll student 4th. The other US lady skated visibly clean but had some downgrades...

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
So unusual to see Mao early in the competition. I hope she'll fight for the FS. She has nothing to lose anymore.
I'm curious if Adelina can have a clean program considering the expectations. At least for the SP, it was good for her that the Russians mostly concentrated on Julia and didn't put so much pressure on her.

Krislite

Medalist
In Vancouver, the reigning World Champ won, the World Champ from 2 seasons ago won silver, the local darling bronze, and the Frank Carroll student 4th. The other US lady skated visibly clean but had some downgrades...

Whoa! That would be quite something if it repeated, huh?

CarneAsada

Medalist
Whoa! That would quite something if it repeated, huh?
Who is the local darling winning bronze, though? I hope it's Sotnikova despite her... intriguingly high marks.

Another interesting thing is that Carolina and Mao have virtually switched positions: the former imploded in 2010, was great in the SP here and the latter was great in her 2010 SP but imploded here.

Figure 8's

On the Ice
Yuna is still the one to beat although she will have to bring her A Game. The others are not just going to hand it to her.

Krislite

Medalist
Who is the local darling winning bronze, though? I hope it's Sotnikova despite her... intriguingly high marks.

Another interesting thing is that Carolina and Mao have virtually switched positions: the former imploded in 2010, was great in the SP here and the latter was great in her 2010 SP but imploded here.

Yes. It's possible Sotnikova could fall off the podium and switch places with Lipnitskaya, who takes the bronze. Lipnitskaya is generally better at holding it together in the free skate.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Here's my prediction:

Yuna gets gold.
Caro silver
Yulia bronze (Adelina is not going to hold up and a Russian lady has to be on the podium.)
But Gracie will be the real third.