2014 Olympics Ladies Free Skate | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Ladies Free Skate

Ven

Match Penalty
I cannot believe how overly dramatic Yuna fans. They honestly believe figure skating revolves around their queen and her 3Lz-3T.

I cannot believe "anyone but Yuna" Mao fans. They honestly believe figure skating revolves around "anyone but the Queen" and her 3Lz-3T.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
But you have to remember that good practices clearly didn't help either. In fact those were incredible practices. Mao is known for being stubborn and hard headed when it coms to the 3A and jump content, I doubt she's going to lie down and finish outside the top without a big fight.

I'm not giving much value to practices after these Olympics anymore. It was posted yesterday that Carolina jumped horribly in practice and look what she ended up doing. For the inconsistent skaters at least, practice doesn't equal competition.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I thought Gold 's sp program looked like most of Lysaceks, packaged in beauty pageant type of hair and costume, one hand gesture here, one smile there because thats what figures skating is. She looks more energetic and playful in reality, she is also rather young for that type of programs, so I thought the packaging was a turn off, looked outdated. Wagner on the other hand, is very convicing and has a tone of personality on ice, I enjoyed her a lot.
Mao's dress was dreamy and I like a lot Yuna's dress, went totally with the program, I love this color too.

Last edited:

redleg

Rinkside
I cannot believe how overly dramatic Yuna fans. They honestly believe figure skating revolves around their queen and her 3Lz-3T.

Include me in the pack of dramatic fans :)
S. Korea still does not have ice rink for figure skating to this date. Yuna had to practice at amusement parks after hours and what not. She also had to travel to the competitions out of her own pocket because companies didn't want to take sponsoring a figure skater. Note, S. Korea never had competitive figure skater until her. It's like a speed skater out of South Africa. The Korean Skating Union doesn't pay for her coaches and staffs, she simply supports her own along with other younger figure skaters (well she got money now.) She has fans not just because of her performances. People want dramas.

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
Could not agree less. Watching Lipinski's long program, the writing was on the wall for the mature, graceful, sophisticated, subtle, esthetically pleasing Kwan to win over her polar opposite; instead, the midget who looked like a little girl in her mother's makeup, who did roller axels and jumps barely off the ice, whose music was laughable and choreography worse, won because she did triple loop-triple loop with no air, no grace, and no amplitude.

Love this^^

Go Yuna!

vegarin

On the Ice
They honestly believe figure skating revolves around their queen and her 3Lz-3T.
Oh, you mean it doesn't? :biggrin: Thanks, I didn't know that!

Now gotta wonder what it would have been like for ladies figure skating without Yuna during the last quad (2007-2010). She was mostly absent in this quad, so there were enough opportunities for others to step into that plate, but even then no one really capitalized on her absence (except maybe Caro?), and when she did come back last year, she still blew everyone out of the water.

I'd love to see Caro and Yuna duking it out. Yuna is more technical and Caro is freer, but it's not that hard to see that they really are in the league of their own. It's just too unbelievable that Mao can't be up there with them.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Predictions :

Podium will stay in the SP order.
Wagner will be no. 1 American in 5th
Lipnitskaya ends in front of her at 4th even though her skate isn't clean.

yuki90

On the Ice
I can see some of YuNa haters will be upset tonight.
like Sky_fly20 and Mao ubers.
Im really wondering Sky-fly20 has real life? full of hatred and inferiority about YuNa who's already living legend.
Sky_fly20, Did you know Gracie's idol is YuNa?
So many young skaters like Zijun, Gracie, Isadora,Caren Chen admire YuNa as their role model.
Even Hanyu said he admires YuNa and wants to skate like her.
YuNa inspires so many young skaters.
What's wrong with you? You are acting like a loser.
Everytime some ppl praise YuNa, you leave bad comments. everytime.

GF2445

Record Breaker
There have been so many great and heartbreaking stories this olympics. I hope that everybody skates the lights out tonight, especially the japanese ladies. Even though they wont likely medal i would love to see Akiko and Mao have a high ranking for the free skate.

I trust that Yuna will continue to shine. She truly is the queen, the face of Korean sport, a modest person whose comeback and victory at 2013 worlds gave opportunity for some of her fellow teammates to compete at the Olympics and is a representative for the UNHCR. Like a queen, her presence and fame places her in a league of her own and yet on occaision descends from that and onto the ice to show why she is best.

Also, hoping for carolina to stay in the medals because of her beautiful skating and for Gracie to move up for the sake of North American Skating, who need a star.

I am also happy to see Russia producing great skaters again. I hope they develop and mature into champion skaters in the future.

I also hope that Kaetlyn Osmond moves up because she has something special and i can see her moving up in the world if she can master her jumps.

It was also great to see Zijun Li do so well after her growth spurt last year. It must never be easy to make such adjusments to jumping technique when your body is changing.

I am also so happy that the Norwegian made it in to the Free Skate. She is no Sonja Hene by any stretch of the imagination but great to see someone from norway in the ladies's discipline at the olympics. Also a great display of determination from Brooklee to salvage a program that was sinking (ironically the one of the songs from her short program is from the Titanic Soundtrack). I wish Isadora and Jenna made it too but it wasnt meant to be.

GF2445

Record Breaker
For Mao's sake, i am hoping that her 3A's will work. It would be such a personal victory if she could do it.

Gigi13

On the Ice
I hope Mao skates lights out and lands her triple axels and I hope Yuna skates clean and wins her second Olympic gold medal :yay: because if she doesn't...:mad:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Oh man, it's like Destiny with Yuna skating last, and I'm SO HAPPY the two skaters who are virtually tied with her are total headcases in the free program. :)

Kris-u want a gold but rather unsportsmanlike-u are wishing them bad-not like you usually, plus, do't we wanta comp. not a coronation. Not picking but...YuNa wants to win against a few ver solid skaters. go Caro, And the rest! And of kourse kween kim!

roxella

On the Ice
They honestly believe figure skating revolves around "anyone but the Queen" and her 3Lz-3T.

Well,excuse me for having an opinion :) and in case you don't know already,lady's skating revolves around queen Yuna for about 4-5 years ,or even more :) So...GO YUNA!! :)