3A
3F+3R
3Z
2A+3T
2S
3F+2R+2R
3R

http://youtu.be/Ahgjqo5hi2s

She is really fighting, what is not to love? she deserves her gold medal, She is trying very hard with all her might to let us see that not only men can do 8 triples with 6 different jumps but a woman can also do it.
If she lands all this in the free, I believe the judges should award her the OGM no matter what, this is another HISTORY in the making

If she lands all hers and Yuna lands all hers too their techinical score will be about the same because Yuna will get +3 and +2

then Yuna pulls way ahead with PCS :)

NMURA

Medalist
If she lands all hers and Yuna lands all hers too their techinical score will be about the same because Yuna will get +3 and +2

I don't think so. This is Russia. Kim is exactly in the position of Plushenko at Vancouver. Kim's BV is much lower than Lipnitskaya and their spins are no comparison. In Russia, Julia should beat Kim if she skated cleanly. In this logic, Kim won't be given super generous GOE a la London worlds. But if Mao landed all planned jumps, it can't be helped. Nationalism can't beat "history".

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
I don't think so. This is Russia. Kim is exactly in the position of Plushenko at Vancouver. Kim's BV is much lower than Lipnitskaya and their spins are no comparison. In Russia, Julia should beat Kim if she skated cleanly.
But if Mao landed all planned jumps, it can't be helped. Nationalism can't beat "history".

Well damn, i hope it's gonna be a fight then!

Venee

Rinkside
First post and new here! I'm a long time skating fan (since 88). I'm an admitted Yuna fan, but I'm excited to see all the ladies really. Hopefully it will be better than the Mens LP. That being said, am I the only one who is not so excited about Yuna's long? I love Piazzola (my daughter is a serious violinist), but I feel her Les Miz long program would have been better for this Olympic year. She was her usual elegant self when I saw the tape from Korean Nationals, but I was missing that umph from her LP. I loved her short and thought it was gorgeous. Thoughts?

Welcome to GS, Venee!

I haven't seen YuNa's long program in its entirety yet, so I can't answer your question, which is an interesting one. She has been kind of an enigma this year, hasn't she? Whereas we have seen both Julia and Mao quite a few times. This week is going to be a nailbiter. I'm so glad we get to watch ice dancing between now and the ladies'. I do love what's going on in ice dance this quadrennial, with Meryl and Charlie and Tessa and Scott...both so sublime. The ladies' competition is too scary to contemplate!

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
First post and new here! I'm a long time skating fan (since 88). I'm an admitted Yuna fan, but I'm excited to see all the ladies really. Hopefully it will be better than the Mens LP. That being said, am I the only one who is not so excited about Yuna's long? I love Piazzola (my daughter is a serious violinist), but I feel her Les Miz long program would have been better for this Olympic year. She was her usual elegant self when I saw the tape from Korean Nationals, but I was missing that umph from her LP. I loved her short and thought it was gorgeous. Thoughts?

Yes, her Les Miserables program is my fave LP ever. I wish she saved it for the Olympics because it was perfect. With that said, i don't think any other programs would top that lol. Her new Adios Nonino program is not as amazing as her last program but i still think it's one of the best this season. There are many nice moments in there that i really like. The ending pose is ICONIC. haha

Her SP is perfection for me.

nagoya

Rinkside
:clap: very well said
I don't think so. This is Russia. Kim is exactly in the position of Plushenko at Vancouver. Kim's BV is much lower than Lipnitskaya and their spins are no comparison. In Russia, Julia should beat Kim if she skated cleanly. In this logic, Kim won't be given super generous GOE a la London worlds. But if Mao landed all planned jumps, it can't be helped. Nationalism can't beat "history".

Krislite

Medalist

Julia's BV alone is not going to help her win. She needs to close the gap on GOE and PCS with Kim to win over a clean Kim. Kim's BV has never been the highest among the top ladies, but her consistency, GOE and PCS are incomparable.

nagoya

Rinkside

Asada mao landed 3 Axel , 3F+3R combination jumps both jumping passes looks very easy for her, no hesitation even with disturbance of other skaters roaming around..

MAO ,Land it in the competition already , I'm begging you. She just have to believe in herself thats the jizz of it .

Or maybe someone just go down the ice rink during the finals then SLAP her and say "you are one of the very best in the history of women's figure skating, you can do this, because you've been doing it a thousand times!"

chloepoco

Medalist

Asada mao landed 3 Axel , 3F+3R combination jumps both jumping passes looks very easy for her, no hesitation even with disturbance of other skaters roaming around..

MAO ,Land it in the competition already , I'm begging you. She just have to believe in herself thats the jizz of it .

Or maybe someone just go down the ice rink during the finals then SLAP her and say "you are one of the very best in the history of women's figure skating, you can do this, because you've been doing it a thousand times!"

That's the thing with Mao, unfortunately. She always seems to have good practices, but in competition…..

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Julia's BV alone is not going to help her win. She needs to close the gap on GOE and PCS with Kim to win over a clean Kim. Kim's BV has never been the highest among the top ladies, but her consistency, GOE and PCS are incomparable.

Exactly and the judges have already pushed her GOE and PCS as far as they can (they already have many people in a rage) and still not close to the scores Kim is certain to receive going clean or close to it.

I think people are overrating this whole in Russia thing. Someone like Kim definitely wont receive lower scores by being in Russia, and Julia would need much lower scores than usual for Kim to have a hope to win regardless of her own. People like V&T were going to score huge anywhere, they are now the best and most consistent team, and also have gained the judges favor with the momentum they have gained in the last year so even if they are overscored they would be anywhere. The judges were always going to give I&K high scores if they ever got their act together. Julia is probably overscored but it is due to gaining momentum, status and respect from the judges with her consistency in the last year, not due to being in Russia.

VirMo

On the Ice

The jumps are still so amazing.. look at the speed of the rotations.. wow.

miki88

Medalist

If that does happen, I don't think she will have that much advantage in PCS. And Mao is capable of getting 8-10 GOE in her LP, when you add that to her BV, the results would be closer than you think. This isn't Vancouver anymore where Yuna had such a huge advantage that it almost didn't matter what the rest of the field did.

I have a feeling the judges want this event to be a competition, and it won't be such a cakewalk for Kim this time around. If Julia is perfect next week, I expect her scores to go even higher. I don't think Russia is simply satisfied with her being on the podium at this point.

NMURA

Medalist

That's not the point. Kim was given huge GOE as long as she was considered the favorite. Read GOE = favoritism. This time, in Russia, they have the home favorite. I think Lipnitskaya's emergence was "favorable" for Mao. Kim will feel much more pressure than before. For a skater who always relied on the judges favoritism, skating clean won't be enough against the home favorite who has higher technical content (7 triples FS) and much superior spins.

CarneAsada

Medalist
That's not the point. Kim was given huge GOE as long as she was considered the favorite. Read GOE = favoritism. This time, in Russia, they have the home favorite.
So you think Julia Lipnitskaya's tiny little 3-3 will score the same as Yuna Kim's. Yeah, right. Not even at a Russian Nationals guest appearance would Kim's GOE on her jumps be less than Lipnitskaya's.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
If that does happen, I don't think she will have that much advantage in PCS. And Mao is capable of getting 8-10 GOE in her LP, when you add that to her BV, the results would be closer than you think. This isn't Vancouver anymore where Yuna had such a huge advantage that it almost didn't matter what the rest of the field did.

I agree with you actually but there is more chance of Santa Clause landing than Mao skating cleanly with that content, so it is a moot point.

CarneAsada

Medalist
I agree with you actually but there is more chance of Santa Clause landing than Mao skating cleanly with that content, so it is a moot point.
One can dream. I mean her LP run-through had only one visible jumping error, a doubled 3S, so it's not like she's physically incapable of any individual jump in there.

NMURA

Medalist
So you think Julia Lipnitskaya's tiny little 3-3 will score the same as Yuna Kim's. Yeah, right. Not even at a Russian Nationals guest appearance would Kim's GOE on her jumps be less than Lipnitskaya's.

Lip's 3Lz(overlooking e)+3T was given +1.4 GOE at the Team event. Kim's will be given about the same or alittle higher. I'm pretty sure Kim can't beat clean Lip in TES. But clean Mao can, of course.

Ambivalent

On the Ice
Yu-Na is and will always be my favourite, but nothing would please me more than seeing a smile of Mao's face after a great skate! GO MAO!!!