2014 Olympics Ladies Short Program | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Ladies Short Program

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
19:00 (7:00 p.m.), Wednesday, February 19
Time zone converter

Sochi2014.com results page (with planned elements)

ISU results

Warm-Up Group 1
1 GLEBOVA Elena EST
2 PARK So Youn KOR
3 DALEMAN Gabrielle CAN
4 POPOVA Natalia UKR
5 McCORKELL Jenna GBR
6 FRANK Kerstin AUT

Warm-Up Group 2
7 ZHANG Kexin CHN
8 OSMOND Kaetlyn CAN
9 HAN Brooklee AUS
10 WILLIAMS Isadora BRA
11 KIM Haejin KOR
12 EDMUNDS Polina USA

Warm-Up Group 3

13 RAJICOVA Nicole SVK
14 UKOLOVA Elizaveta CZE
15 GJERSEM Anne Line NOR
16 GEDEVANISHVILI Elene GEO
17 KIM Yuna KOR
18 WEINZIERL Nathalie GER

Warm-Up Group 4

19 HELGESSON Viktoria SWE
20 MURAKAMI Kanako JPN
21 MARCHEI Valentina ITA
22 GOLD Gracie USA
23 LI Zijun CHN
24 SUZUKI Akiko JPN

Warm-Up Group 5

25 LIPNITSKAYA Yulia RUS
26 KOSTNER Carolina ITA
27 WAGNER Ashley USA
28 MEITE Mae Berenice FRA
29 SOTNIKOVA Adelina RUS
30 ASADA Mao JPN

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
Go Yuna, Kanako, Zijun, Polina and Adelina. Good luck to the rest.

This will be so MUCHHHH more exciting than the Men's, no shade.... :popcorn:

thinspread

On the Ice
This is the deepest and most exciting ladies field ever. It should be a great one, even though I feel pretty certain Kim is taking it, but beyond that I have no idea.

Yes. It could be the most interesting Olympic ladies event ever, in terms of talent pool. Almost evenly matched among the groups--the veterans, the up-and-comers, and the in-betweens. With a bunch of them on each side.

Olympic

On the Ice
Here are the entries:

1 HAN Brooklee AUS
2 FRANK Kerstin AUT
3 WILLIAMS Isadora BRA
4 DALEMAN Gabrielle CAN
5 OSMOND Kaetlyn CAN
6 LI Zijun CHN
7 ZHANG Kexin CHN
8 UKOLOVA Elizaveta CZE
9 GLEBOVA Elena EST
10 MEITE Mae Berenice FRA
11 GEDEVANISHVILI Elene GEO
12 WEINZIERL Nathalie GER
13 McCORKELL Jenna GBR
14 KOSTNER Carolina ITA
15 MARCHEI Valentina ITA
16 ASADA Mao JPN
17 MURAKAMI Kanako JPN
18 SUZUKI Akiko JPN
19 GJERSEM Anne Line NOR
20 KIM Hae Jin KOR
21 KIM Yuna KOR
22 PARK So Youn KOR
23 LIPNITSKAYA Yulia RUS
24 SOTNIKOVA Adelina RUS
25 RAJICOVA Nicole SVK
26 HELGESSON Viktoria SWE
27 POPOVA Natalia UKR
28 EDMUNDS Polina USA
29 GOLD Gracie USA
30 WAGNER Ashley USA

Happy that Nathalie Weinzierl gets to compete; also realized that CHN has 2 spots. I had thought prior to the Olympics that they only had one …

Violetti

On the Ice
Who's performances you look most forward to?

I for (in this order)

Polina Edmunds as she is so new and good and I watched her only once before.
Mao Asada, will she succeed or not. She could be very great or then not so.
Yuna Kim and Yulia Lipnitskaya, will they be consistent again?
Ahsley Wagner, I like her skating
Adelina Sotnikova, how she manages to handle the pressure
I like Kostner a lot, but I am afraid if she can handle the pressure. I hope so.
I like many others, too. Very interesting event coming.

Flaya

Match Penalty
Why was Ukolova chosen instead of Brezinova?

And from the Helgesson sisters, one would have expected to chose Joshi (she did much better at Europeans).

My top 24 prediction.

1 KIM
2 LIPNITSKAIA
3 ASADA
4 SOTNIKOVA
5 KOSTNER
6 MURAKAMI
7 SUZUKI
8 OSMOND
9 LI
10 MARCHEI
11 GOLD
12 GEDEVANISHVILI
13 EDMUNDS
14 ZHANG
15 MEITE
16 GLEBOVA
17 WAGNER
18 GLEBOVA
19 WEINZERL
20 HAN
21 UKOLOVA
22 FRANK
23 PARK
24 DALEMAN

Anyone else with top 24 (or top 30 prediction)?

burntBREAD

Medalist
China has two spots because Li Zijun made top 10 at Worlds last year, therefore qualifying two entries.

Ukolova was likely chosen over Brezinova because (1) she was the one that actually earned the spot at Nebelhorn and (2) she has better international scores than Brezinova.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
And from the Helgesson sisters, one would have expected to chose Joshi (she did much better at Europeans).

My top 24 prediction.

1 KIM
2 LIPNITSKAIA
3 ASADA
4 SOTNIKOVA
5 KOSTNER
6 MURAKAMI
7 SUZUKI
8 OSMOND
9 LI
10 MARCHEI
11 GOLD
12 GEDEVANISHVILI
13 EDMUNDS
14 ZHANG
15 MEITE
16 GLEBOVA
17 WAGNER
18 GLEBOVA
19 WEINZERL
20 HAN
21 UKOLOVA
22 FRANK
23 PARK
24 DALEMAN

Viktoria was chosen after Swedish nationals which she won. My guess is it's a thank you for old times sake, Viktoria being a nice role model for Swedish figure skating for many years. Often seen in media. Last olympics Sweden(Viktoria) lost the spot at worlds 2009 and also when Joshi didn't succeed at Nebelhorn 2009. Both sisters have had health/injury problems during this season and had to catch up during autumn. For me Joshi is the best and should be at the olympics even if she is younger and will be 2018.

Anyway, Flaya, you forgot(?) Viktoria. She will definately be among the 15 best... 10 if she can at last nail both programs, which I hope she'll do.

You have Glebova x 2 :)

Flaya

Match Penalty
Viktoria was chosen after Swedish nationals which she won. My guess is it's a thank you for old times sake, Viktoria being a nice role model for Swedish figure skating for many years. Often seen in media. Last olympics Sweden(Viktoria) lost the spot at worlds 2009 and also when Joshi didn't succeed at Nebelhorn 2009. Both sisters have had health/injury problems during this season and had to catch up during autumn. For me Joshi is the best and should be at the olympics even if she is younger and will be 2018.

Anyway, Flaya, you forgot(?) Viktoria. She will definately be among the 15 best... 10 if she can at last nail both programs, which I hope she'll do.

You have Glebova x 2 :)

Sorry, I was thinking about Europeans' results while compiling my list and was changing places quite a few times.

I wanted to put Glebova at 16 and Helgesson at 18.

miki88

Medalist
Julia got a 72+ for the SP in the team event. There are only two skaters who can potentially outscore her if they are perfect at this point. I don't see her being lower than third at this point in the SP.

Salamence156

Spectator
Hello all, my first post here.

I think we also have to take into consideration that Julia took part in the Team Event, which could factor into her stamina. Just take a look at the men's event and you'll see what happened... I could be utterly wrong though, and she could blow us out of the water.

Antilopa

On the Ice
Hello all, my first post here.

I think we also have to take into consideration that Julia took part in the Team Event, which could factor into her stamina. Just take a look at the men's event and you'll see what happened... I could be utterly wrong though, and she could blow us out of the water.
Little Julia mentally and physically much stronger these delicate creatures men!

miki88

Medalist
Kim will likely beat her in the short. Asada could if she makes her triple axel (although I already predicted that wont happen). As I said I have a feeling Julia might have a small mistake in the short, and even if she doesnt Sotnikova, Kostner, and Gold all have potential to be close if they are clean too, and 1 of them might get in front.

Kostner skated her best short in a long time and couldn't beat Julia. Gold is not getting the PCS to compete with her, as seen in the team event. Adelina might, although doubtful, since she is being overshadowed by her teammate. Julia has become undoubtedly the new star of these games.