Page 2 of 151 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Olympics Ladies Short Program

Rinkside
    Hello all, my first post here.

I think we also have to take into consideration that Julia took part in the Team Event, which could factor into her stamina. Just take a look at the men's event and you'll see what happened... I could be utterly wrong though, and she could blow us out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Salamence156 View Post
    Hello all, my first post here.

I think we also have to take into consideration that Julia took part in the Team Event, which could factor into her stamina. Just take a look at the men's event and you'll see what happened... I could be utterly wrong though, and she could blow us out of the water.
    Little Julia mentally and physically much stronger these delicate creatures men!

Welcome, Salamenice156. Post often, post long!

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Kim will likely beat her in the short. Asada could if she makes her triple axel (although I already predicted that wont happen). As I said I have a feeling Julia might have a small mistake in the short, and even if she doesnt Sotnikova, Kostner, and Gold all have potential to be close if they are clean too, and 1 of them might get in front.
    Kostner skated her best short in a long time and couldn't beat Julia. Gold is not getting the PCS to compete with her, as seen in the team event. Adelina might, although doubtful, since she is being overshadowed by her teammate. Julia has become undoubtedly the new star of these games.

The US ladies are practicing in Austria. Ashley, Polina and Gracie are looking very strong.

Practice video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxU2cq4m-xs

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    The US ladies are practicing in Austria. Ashley, Polina and Gracie are looking very strong.

Practice video.

That was so cool... I really enjoyed that. Thank you for sharing.

GO USA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Antilopa View Post
    Little Julia mentally and physically much stronger these delicate creatures men!

Custom Title

Practice video.

Awesome. They all looked great in practice and seemed like as though they really like being a part of TEAM USA. Go US women.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Sini View Post
    Who's performances you look most forward to?

I for (in this order)

Polina Edmunds as she is so new and good and I watched her only once before.
    Mao Asada, will she succeed or not. She could be very great or then not so.
    Yuna Kim and Yulia Lipnitskaya, will they be consistent again?
    Ahsley Wagner, I like her skating
    Adelina Sotnikova, how she manages to handle the pressure
    I like Kostner a lot, but I am afraid if she can handle the pressure. I hope so.
    I like many others, too. Very interesting event coming.
    I'm looking forward to:
    - Yu Na, she's my favourite and I love watching her skate
    - Ashley Wagner, I really hope she can deliver a strong performance, her style is amazing, she has so much passion and elegance at the same time
    - Carolina Kostner, I'm really curious...will she perform well, under pressure? but maybe she has less pressure at these games. Her SP is so delicate and beautiful. She's definitely not my fave skater, but she's improved so much, hope she can deliver a great performance.
    - Akiko: she's my second favorite, she has so much joy and elegance, I just hope the technical side will be strong
    - Yulia: she's been so consistent, it's crazy! as you said, will she repeat another clean performance again? I like her but she still looks too childish to me.
    - Gracie Gold: again, will she deliver another strong skate? I like her style and especially her jumps, but sometimes she thinks too much about the technical elements and looks a bit wooden. But I like her Also, I'm disappointed she ditched the hairstyles with the twisted braids or the side bun, they were awesome
    ...and many other skaters. Can't wait!

Practice video.

Thank you for this!

They are so adorable and so poised - LOVE THEM.

But how cruel to surround figure skaters with cupcakes and doughnuts Made me so hungry.

and that interviewer was really rocking that mustache!

Custom Title
    loved loved loved seeing some of Ashley's "new" choreo to the Samson music. Cannot wait to see the full thing, and I hope she just hits hits hits no matter where she places.

Polina looked like a flamingo!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Antilopa View Post
    LOL, pretty much. None of those top guys are near as consistent as Yuna and Julia. If Julia can do both the SP and LP for the Team Event and still go clean for the individual, those guys should just feel bad about themselves.

Custom Title
    Why would any ladies stamina issues? There's over a week between Team FS and individual SP.

Rinkside
    I honestly want Mao to really hit her short. It shows the artistry she has gained since the last Olympics and when skated clean, it's so delicate and beautiful. I like her FS, but I want to see the triple-triple REALLY attempted (even if she gets an under-rotation) and I want her to wear the costume she wore for SA. I think the one she wore after looked kind of cheap.

I feel like Yuna and Mao being the best skaters of this past generation, it would be such a dream to see Mao and Yuna fight it out. I keep thinking that's the way it should be.

I'm hopeful!

Rinkside
    to be honest i really wanted to see everyone skate clean... is it too much to asked...
    to the ladies who will retire after the Olympics, i wanted them to enjoy it more and for them to show the best skates of their life.....

so goodluck to everyone... and really hope it would be more thrilling than mens event... hehe..

Page 2 of 151 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast