2014 Olympics Ladies Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Ladies Short Program

WinterLily

Rinkside
Who's performances you look most forward to?

I for (in this order)

Polina Edmunds as she is so new and good and I watched her only once before.
Mao Asada, will she succeed or not. She could be very great or then not so.
Yuna Kim and Yulia Lipnitskaya, will they be consistent again?
Ahsley Wagner, I like her skating
Adelina Sotnikova, how she manages to handle the pressure
I like Kostner a lot, but I am afraid if she can handle the pressure. I hope so.
I like many others, too. Very interesting event coming.

I'm looking forward to:
- Yu Na, she's my favourite and I love watching her skate:)
- Ashley Wagner, I really hope she can deliver a strong performance, her style is amazing, she has so much passion and elegance at the same time
- Carolina Kostner, I'm really curious...will she perform well, under pressure? but maybe she has less pressure at these games. Her SP is so delicate and beautiful. She's definitely not my fave skater, but she's improved so much, hope she can deliver a great performance.
- Akiko: she's my second favorite, she has so much joy and elegance, I just hope the technical side will be strong
- Yulia: she's been so consistent, it's crazy! as you said, will she repeat another clean performance again? I like her but she still looks too childish to me.
- Gracie Gold: again, will she deliver another strong skate? I like her style and especially her jumps, but sometimes she thinks too much about the technical elements and looks a bit wooden. But I like her:) Also, I'm disappointed she ditched the hairstyles with the twisted braids or the side bun, they were awesome
...and many other skaters. Can't wait!

imisscohen

On the Ice
loved loved loved seeing some of Ashley's "new" choreo to the Samson music. Cannot wait to see the full thing, and I hope she just hits hits hits no matter where she places.

Polina looked like a flamingo! :laugh:

moviechick

On the Ice
Little Julia mentally and physically much stronger these delicate creatures men!

LOL, pretty much. None of those top guys are near as consistent as Yuna and Julia. If Julia can do both the SP and LP for the Team Event and still go clean for the individual, those guys should just feel bad about themselves.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Why would any ladies stamina issues? There's over a week between Team FS and individual SP.

xhpx1026

Spectator
I honestly want Mao to really hit her short. It shows the artistry she has gained since the last Olympics and when skated clean, it's so delicate and beautiful. I like her FS, but I want to see the triple-triple REALLY attempted (even if she gets an under-rotation) and I want her to wear the costume she wore for SA. I think the one she wore after looked kind of cheap.

I feel like Yuna and Mao being the best skaters of this past generation, it would be such a dream to see Mao and Yuna fight it out. I keep thinking that's the way it should be.

I'm hopeful!

norev

Spectator
to be honest i really wanted to see everyone skate clean... is it too much to asked...
to the ladies who will retire after the Olympics, i wanted them to enjoy it more and for them to show the best skates of their life.....

so goodluck to everyone... and really hope it would be more thrilling than mens event... hehe..

swurvestar

Rinkside
Thank you for this!

They are so adorable and so poised - LOVE THEM.

But how cruel to surround figure skaters with cupcakes and doughnuts :laugh: Made me so hungry. :p

and that interviewer was really rocking that mustache! :cool:

The interviewer is Ryan T. Thornton from On The Rocks and he's awesome! Many of us synchro fans have enjoyed his commentary at Mozart Cup. Also hoping he'll get some more commentating jobs.

Really looking forward to the ladies. Should be very interesting, especially since they have a had a decent break since the team event, so I'm hoping it won't go down like the men's event (which I'm guessing most of you are hoping for also).

sweetskates1

Medalist
I would love to see that and also Carolina in the mix with Akiko having the skates of a lifetime.

I honestly want Mao to really hit her short. It shows the artistry she has gained since the last Olympics and when skated clean, it's so delicate and beautiful. I like her FS, but I want to see the triple-triple REALLY attempted (even if she gets an under-rotation) and I want her to wear the costume she wore for SA. I think the one she wore after looked kind of cheap.

I feel like Yuna and Mao being the best skaters of this past generation, it would be such a dream to see Mao and Yuna fight it out. I keep thinking that's the way it should be.

I'm hopeful!

bonniesin

Rinkside
LOL, pretty much. None of those top guys are near as consistent as Yuna and Julia. If Julia can do both the SP and LP for the Team Event and still go clean for the individual, those guys should just feel bad about themselves.

Well maybe if those guys went for the easiest jumps like Yuna and Julia are they would be consistent(ly boring) too :slink:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Seeing the top men fail at the triple axel just shows even more that Mao deserves every praise she is getting for attempting it in competition over and over again. As mentioned before, I won't be too happy about her practices. I thought in the team event she would nail it, after all we've seen from her in practice. Didn't happen. Now I'm not so sure, I just hope she will be able to smile and hang on, even if the axel fails her.

I hope that Kanako, who is flying under the radar, can manage a little upset at the top. I would love to see her on the podium, if only to see the GS Forum Drama Queens having a fit about her mule kick, underrotations and to see the tag yuna and mao and julia to be proven wrong. ;)

MiRé

Match Penalty
Well maybe if those guys went for the easiest jumps like Yuna and Julia are they would be consistent(ly boring) too :slink:

easiest jumps? 3Lz+3T is easy? Then why do we see more ladies attempting 3T+3T rather than 3Lz+3T when 3T+3T has less base value? IIRC only 1 out of 10, Yulia, executed 3Lz+3T in ladies SP team. IF you wanna go back to Worlds 2013, only 4/24 did 3Lz+3T so I don't know what you mean by "EASY" jumps.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I've seen Daleman at the nationals and I think she could skate better than Kaetlin. Gabrielle has a strong 3Lz3T in both SP and LP. At the nationals she hit all her jumps. Hope she also does well at the Olympics. Her only handicap would be the lack of experience. Sometimes this helps you, but not always.

nagoya

Rinkside
Mao Asada practice Fs
3A
3F+3R
3Z
2A+3T
2S
3F+2R+2R
3R

http://youtu.be/Ahgjqo5hi2s

She is really fighting, what is not to love? she deserves her gold medal, She is trying very hard with all her might to let us see that not only men can do 8 triples with 6 different jumps but a woman can also do it.
If she lands all this in the free, I believe the judges should award her the OGM no matter what, this is another HISTORY in the making