Page 3 of 151 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Olympics Ladies Short Program

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamboni View Post
    Thank you for this!

They are so adorable and so poised - LOVE THEM.

But how cruel to surround figure skaters with cupcakes and doughnuts Made me so hungry.

and that interviewer was really rocking that mustache!
    The interviewer is Ryan T. Thornton from On The Rocks and he's awesome! Many of us synchro fans have enjoyed his commentary at Mozart Cup. Also hoping he'll get some more commentating jobs.

Really looking forward to the ladies. Should be very interesting, especially since they have a had a decent break since the team event, so I'm hoping it won't go down like the men's event (which I'm guessing most of you are hoping for also).

Custom Title
    I would love to see that and also Carolina in the mix with Akiko having the skates of a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by xhpx1026 View Post
    I honestly want Mao to really hit her short. It shows the artistry she has gained since the last Olympics and when skated clean, it's so delicate and beautiful. I like her FS, but I want to see the triple-triple REALLY attempted (even if she gets an under-rotation) and I want her to wear the costume she wore for SA. I think the one she wore after looked kind of cheap.

I feel like Yuna and Mao being the best skaters of this past generation, it would be such a dream to see Mao and Yuna fight it out. I keep thinking that's the way it should be.

I'm hopeful!

Custom Title
    I'm "Gifted but Modest" (hint-hint) on FSU
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    The US ladies are practicing in Austria. Ashley, Polina and Gracie are looking very strong.

Practice video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxU2cq4m-xs
    Ashley at the Kerrigan joke: "Too soon." Heh.

Custom Title
    They look good.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by moviechick View Post
    LOL, pretty much. None of those top guys are near as consistent as Yuna and Julia. If Julia can do both the SP and LP for the Team Event and still go clean for the individual, those guys should just feel bad about themselves.
    Well maybe if those guys went for the easiest jumps like Yuna and Julia are they would be consistent(ly boring) too

Custom Title

Quote Originally Posted by bonniesin View Post
    Well maybe if those guys went for the easiest jumps like Yuna and Julia are they would be consistent(ly boring) too

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Seeing the top men fail at the triple axel just shows even more that Mao deserves every praise she is getting for attempting it in competition over and over again. As mentioned before, I won't be too happy about her practices. I thought in the team event she would nail it, after all we've seen from her in practice. Didn't happen. Now I'm not so sure, I just hope she will be able to smile and hang on, even if the axel fails her.

I hope that Kanako, who is flying under the radar, can manage a little upset at the top. I would love to see her on the podium, if only to see the GS Forum Drama Queens having a fit about her mule kick, underrotations and to see the tag yuna and mao and julia to be proven wrong.

easiest jumps? 3Lz+3T is easy? Then why do we see more ladies attempting 3T+3T rather than 3Lz+3T when 3T+3T has less base value? IIRC only 1 out of 10, Yulia, executed 3Lz+3T in ladies SP team. IF you wanna go back to Worlds 2013, only 4/24 did 3Lz+3T so I don't know what you mean by "EASY" jumps.

Custom Title
    I've seen Daleman at the nationals and I think she could skate better than Kaetlin. Gabrielle has a strong 3Lz3T in both SP and LP. At the nationals she hit all her jumps. Hope she also does well at the Olympics. Her only handicap would be the lack of experience. Sometimes this helps you, but not always.

Tripping on the Podium
    Mao Asada practice Fs
    3A
    3F+3R
    3Z
    2A+3T
    2S
    3F+2R+2R
    3R

http://youtu.be/Ahgjqo5hi2s

She is really fighting, what is not to love? she deserves her gold medal, She is trying very hard with all her might to let us see that not only men can do 8 triples with 6 different jumps but a woman can also do it.
    If she lands all this in the free, I believe the judges should award her the OGM no matter what, this is another HISTORY in the making

Quote Originally Posted by nagoya View Post
    Mao Asada practice Fs
    3A
    3F+3R
    3Z
    2A+3T
    2S
    3F+2R+2R
    3R

http://youtu.be/Ahgjqo5hi2s

She is really fighting, what is not to love? she deserves her gold medal, She is trying very hard with all her might to let us see that not only men can do 8 triples with 6 different jumps but a woman can also do it.
    If she lands all this in the free, I believe the judges should award her the OGM no matter what, this is another HISTORY in the making
    If she lands all hers and Yuna lands all hers too their techinical score will be about the same because Yuna will get +3 and +2

then Yuna pulls way ahead with PCS

Except 3Lz-3T in Ladies is pretty much 4T-2T in men;s

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mirai4life View Post
    If she lands all hers and Yuna lands all hers too their techinical score will be about the same because Yuna will get +3 and +2

then Yuna pulls way ahead with PCS
    I don't think so. This is Russia. Kim is exactly in the position of Plushenko at Vancouver. Kim's BV is much lower than Lipnitskaya and their spins are no comparison. In Russia, Julia should beat Kim if she skated cleanly. In this logic, Kim won't be given super generous GOE a la London worlds. But if Mao landed all planned jumps, it can't be helped. Nationalism can't beat "history".

Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    I don't think so. This is Russia. Kim is exactly in the position of Plushenko at Vancouver. Kim's BV is much lower than Lipnitskaya and their spins are no comparison. In Russia, Julia should beat Kim if she skated cleanly.
    But if Mao landed all planned jumps, it can't be helped. Nationalism can't beat "history".
    Well damn, i hope it's gonna be a fight then!

Rinkside
    First post and new here! I'm a long time skating fan (since 88). I'm an admitted Yuna fan, but I'm excited to see all the ladies really. Hopefully it will be better than the Mens LP. That being said, am I the only one who is not so excited about Yuna's long? I love Piazzola (my daughter is a serious violinist), but I feel her Les Miz long program would have been better for this Olympic year. She was her usual elegant self when I saw the tape from Korean Nationals, but I was missing that umph from her LP. I loved her short and thought it was gorgeous. Thoughts?

Page 3 of 151 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast