Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Savchenko wants to continue...

Custom Title

Savchenko wants to continue...

wow

she said in a press converence today that the sochi games are not her last olympics (she s 30!)

Robin wants to retire after this season, but not she!!!

so ...

have u an idea? who s gonna fit with her Skating/character???

eric radford? :-)

Article here

Banned
    my god. the Fumie Suguri effect
    and I thought Yuko at 32 was bad enough

OTH, maybe she should pair up with Alexander Smirnov

Custom Title
    I think Savchenko and Radford would make a wonderful couple! Unfortunately he's not that great a lifter. I think he's a wonderfully artistic skater and she could complement him well. It'd be quite the story though ... a Canadian and a Russian Olympic champ from Ukraine pairing up.

Rockne Brubaker? Although he's had so many switches over the last few years. Can't think of anyone else. I don't want Radford to split up with Duhamel, and I don't think he wants to, either. Smirnov could work if Yuko wants to retire. It's too bad she couldn't pair up with H. Zhang but I think it'd be hard to get Chinese citizenship and he's already doing well with Peng, anyhow. What citizenships does she have? Did she have to renounce Ukrainian to skate for Germany?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    She and Smirnov would make an interesting pairing. If Megan Duhamel retires, so would she and Eric Radford.
    either of those two will do
    Duhamel is the weak link in D/R

I have a feeling she wont get a better partner and will just retire anyways

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Rockne Brubaker? Although he's had so many switches over the last few years. Can't think of anyone else. I don't want Radford to split up with Duhamel, and I don't think he wants to, either. Smirnov could work if Yuko wants to retire. It's too bad she couldn't pair up with H. Zhang but I think it'd be hard to get Chinese citizenship and he's already doing well with Peng, anyhow. What citizenships does she have? Did she have to renounce Ukrainian to skate for Germany?
    yes, she is a German citizen now
    anyways I doubt she and Smirnov will pair up even if Yuko retires

don't see that happening, she seems to have grudge skating in Russia

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    either of those two will do
    Duhamel is the weak link in D/R
    I agree Duhamel is the weaker link, but there are no female pairs skaters capable of pulling off the technical moves she does. I would love to see Aliona try though! SBS triple flips maybe?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    I agree Duhamel is the weaker link, but there are no female pairs skaters capable of pulling off the technical moves she does. I would love to see Aliona try though! SBS triple flips maybe?
    I dont see that happening though, that would mean Savchenko hopping into another citizenhip, lol
    I guess she will become a Fumie Suguri of Pairs sadly

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Are Duhamel & Radford planning to continue together, and if so until 2018? That will be one of the key pieces of the puzzle. I cant see Eric retiring yet, but I am not sure about Meghan.
    Eric Radford is aging like Smirnov who are both 29 turning 30

Custom Title
    I feel like a lot of pair skaters last twice as long as other disciplines...

Custom Title
    If savchenko got citizenship it couldn't be hard for any man she wants to skate with whose not German.

That's something incredible to hear! But (even if I don't think anyone can be as good as Robin) I really admire her strength and passion! Good luck

Custom Title
    Savchenko/Smirnov could be good but I don't see this happening. Russia doesn't need strong pair team If Volosozhar/Trankov still competing. But they are not

Wow. I'm surprised and a little intrigued. And yeah, pairs skaters generally do seem to have a longer "shelf life" than singles. If it's another Olympics she's planning, well, Qing Pang is 34 this year and she didn't do too bad, so why not?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast