Your life depends on one skater to skate well and deliver. Who do you choose? | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Your life depends on one skater to skate well and deliver. Who do you choose?

out4dolo

Rinkside
Based on some of these responses, there would be alot of dead people.....:laugh:

I like Yulia, I really do....but I don't know why people are picking her when she imploded twice.....Maybe in 4 years, I can safely pick her for this topic...but as of the moment, I don't understand why anyone would pick anybody BUT Yuna.

zelium

Spectator
OK, I was curious how many votes each skater/pair(dancing) team has gotten. So, I did it myself. Here is a vote count so far. I sorted by the number of counts that the skater(s) got.

Disclaimer: This count might NOT be super accurate. I just counted it by reading all the posts made in this thread and included all the skaters specifically mentioned by each poster. I will accept all the corrections.

Yuna Kim 33
Evgeni Plushenko 20
Davis and White 12
Yulia Lipnitskaya 11
Yagudin 6
Michelle Kwan 5
Brian Boitano 4
Kataria Witt 3
Gordeeva and Grinkov 3
Carolina Kostner 3
Irina Rodnina 3
Stolbova and Klimov 2
Evan Lysacek 2
Shen/Zhao 2
Gracie Gold 1
Totmianina/Marinin 1
Rachel Flatt 1
Tatiana Volosozhar 1
Timothy Goebel 1
Jason Brown 1
Dick Button 1
Torvill and Dean 1
Oda 1
Klimova/Ponomarenko 1
Navka/Kostomarov 1
Adelina Sotnikova 1
Kristi Yamaguchi 1
Will Farrell 1
Volosozhar/Trankov 1

LRK

Record Breaker
maybe not the best decision, but Volosozhar/Trankov

If it were this year's SP you'd be good. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure they made a single mistake on it the whole season? But avoid the FP like the plague.... ;)

Npmonice

Rinkside
I think I would go with Torvil and Dean from the early 80's. I mean they were getting perfect scores, so I am pretty sure they would be reliable. Although I admit I am not their biggest fan, I would trust them to skate well and deliver :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
Yagudin of course!!! :laugh: He still performs well at Ice shows this year. What a monster.
At first I think of healthy Plushenko, but he is not healthy now. Crying!!:cry:

It looks like no one picks up Patrick Chan.:slink: I totally understand.:laugh:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Will Farrell 1 :rofl::rofl:

I thought someone voted for Jeremy Abbott for suicide factor though.:)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I might actually add Stojko to the list if we're talking consistency. It was pretty rare for him to mess up the non-axel and quad jumps, whereas some skaters would make silly errors on their easier jumps (Chan's double axel, Plushenko's 3S, etc.).

I would think I'm safe after the first minute or two of a Plushenko or Chan program and then spontaneously drop dead in the final minute. :laugh:

moviechick

On the Ice
I might actually add Stojko to the list if we're talking consistency. It was pretty rare for him to mess up the non-axel and quad jumps, whereas some skaters would make silly errors on their easier jumps (Chan's double axel, Plushenko's 3S, etc.).

I would think I'm safe after the first minute or two of a Plushenko or Chan program and then spontaneously drop dead in the final minute. :laugh:

Plushenko pops a jump occasionally like Yuna but rarely splats the way Chan does on a regular basis. Especially if you're looking at Chan's performances when the stakes are actually high (which I assume skating for someone's life would be) it's like disaster after disaster.