Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Your life depends on one skater to skate well and deliver. Who do you choose?

Meryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by CassAgain View Post
    Meryl Davis
    Doesn't she usually skate with a big burly guy with frizzy dirty blond hair? Isn't he called Charlie or something?

Plushenko
    Davis & White
    Klimova & Ponomarenko

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix347 View Post
    Doesn't she usually skate with a big burly guy with frizzy dirty blond hair? Isn't he called Charlie or something?
    And they're both rock steady. But if it's for my life, I'd want Meryl.

Rinkside
    How can people say YK ? Women's FS has never been as competitive as the men's if one looks objectively.

If I was picking.

Men: No one beats Plushenko. Iin fact no one gets within visual distance of a guy that has been at or very near the top for 16 yrs even after operation after operation after operation. Like him or not, legend.

Pairs: Totmianina/Marinin. Takes more than balls to stay with a guy who dropped you like that, and then win OGM etc.

Ice Dance: Torvill and Dean (skaters will come and go, but Bolero will NEVER be topped, 6's across the board is one of the greatest moments in FS history and I was there to watch it live on tv).

Fun fact: Bolero was longer in length than the Free Skate time limit. But ISU rules stipulate that a dance doesn't start until the skates are on the ice which is why T&D are knelt down swaying from left to right for the first x seconds of the programme.

And if I had to choose from the women.

Lipnitskaya: Barely 15 yrs old, Olympic Games, massive home crowd pressure and expectation. Delivered with diamonds.

at how often Abbott is mentioned for the suicidals

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabel_O'Reilly View Post
    She already went through a growth spurt last year of several inches. That's what led to the stumbles on some of her jumps, and why she was injured at TEB and before the GPF causing her to withdraw. If growing several inches doesn't cause her to lose them and she can place in the top three then I doubt anything else can knock her down.
    Growing several inches vertically is not the challenge. Retaining her jumps after she turns into a woman is.

Anyway, to answer the question, Plushenko. Always and forever.

In runner-up position: Max. Because at least he'd fight for my life!

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Yey I would be thrilled if Plushenko, Kwan, Kim were fighting for my life.

Oda is a thrillig choice.
    I am sure he'd cry for my life.

On the Ice
    I'd say Yu Na Kim, and 2010 Evan Lysacek. Unlike with most, you're nerves of how they would perform would just sort of melt away once they got to the ice

Custom Title
    After these Olympics, I'd def. go with Yuna Kim as my pick for life-vest.

Throwing out Lipniskaia bc she has shown she's not as mentally tough (yet) as people hastily assumed she'd be.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabel_O'Reilly View Post
    Yulia
    Then Yuna, if she knew a life was at stake because when she needs to, she has the skate a her life.
    Basically the Yuna part, if she values my life as much as the Olympics. She has a 100% batting avg when stakes are the highest, so I'd go with her for ladies.

Also a healthy Plushenko for Men (no brainer; I would trust no one else out of this Sochi2014 crowd, for good reason) and Davis/White for Dance. Not sure for pairs ... maybe Shen/Zhao; definitely not V/T as they have a history of making all sorts of "creative" mistakes - too risky.

Rinkside
    Yuna Kim for sure

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    After this Olympics? No question. Davis and White.
    for me, too, no question. But I would not tremor at all if they weren't around and YuNa showed up instead

ladies: yuna
    men: healthy plushenko

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast