Post comments from non-fans/four-year fans! | Golden Skate

Post comments from non-fans/four-year fans!

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
The Olympics is a time when people watch sports they don't normally watch, and sometimes that means hearing comments about figure skating from people who rarely watch it and know very little about it. Anyone hear any funny, naive, absurd or otherwise entertaining comments this year from non-fans watching Olympic figure skating? Share here!

Barb

Record Breaker
No precisely a fan but a commentator in the team competition for latinoamerica saying a skater had excellent "scenery" and when David and white performed they were saying "we will see if this is enough to get 3 or 2 place, definitly not the first", and when D/W got the first place they said " and united states give the surprise, people, nothing is written" :laugh:

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
most of the articles found on the German tv's internet site (where I have to go to click on the live stream!) can be qualified as "from non-fans/four-year fans"... :disapp:
Like "Peter Liebers in Lauerstellung": Peter Liebers lying in wait (for a medal) after the SP... :rolleye:
Or how Chan and Plushenko were the 2 favorites for Gold.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
most of the articles found on the German tv's internet site (where I have to go to click on the live stream!) can be qualified as "from non-fans/four-year fans"... :disapp:
Like "Peter Liebers in Lauerstellung": Peter Liebers lying in wait (for a medal) after the SP... :rolleye:
Or how Chan and Plushenko were the 2 favorites for Gold.

Yep, mentioned this before, but when you read german media you realize that they only pay attention to this sport, when the Winter Olympics arrive. :scowl: I read an article in the Newspaper praising the team gold for Russia and Plushenko, who was claimed as the best of them all. Plushenko lost the short to Yuzuru in the team event. They didn't even mention Yuzurus name. Weird and disappointing. It's just like they look at the name of the last World Gold Medalist and remember Plushenko. Everyone else doesn't count. And who ever thought that Peter Liebers had a shot at bronze has no idea about skating.