Ashley Wagner talks about viral facial expression | Golden Skate

Ashley Wagner talks about viral facial expression

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
LOL, can we talk about how bitchy Gracie looks here. She's all like "this annoying hoe is stealing my spotlight."

tulosai

Record Breaker
LOL, can we talk about how bitchy Gracie looks here. She's all like "this annoying hoe is stealing my spotlight."

that was also the first thing I thought

At a minimum her PR person has to tell her it's good form to look at the person who's speaking and, if possible, not glare while doing so.

I think it's partly her eyebrows though. They are too thin and make her look extremely annoyed/bitchy whenever she's not smiling.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Who is the cutie brunette with the sideways lips?

gymnast McKayla Maroney, 2 time reigning Vault world champion (2011, 2013 - no Worlds in 2012 b/c of London 2012) and reigning Olympic vault silver medalist. The sideways lip (the "McKayla Maroney is not impressed" face) was a snapshot of her caught on the podium making that face. She caught a lot of flack for it (though I believe it's partly because she was mad at herself for falling in the vault finals when she was the predicted winner of the event)

You mean President Barack Obama?

HA

prettykeys

Medalist
gymnast McKayla Maroney, 2 time reigning Vault world champion (2011, 2013 - no Worlds in 2012 b/c of London 2012) and reigning Olympic vault silver medalist. The sideways lip (the "McKayla Maroney is not impressed" face) was a snapshot of her caught on the podium making that face. She caught a lot of flack for it (though I believe it's partly because she was mad at herself for falling in the vault finals when she was the predicted winner of the event)

HA
Ah. :) Thanks!

Cheeky Mathman, pfft. I just noticed that Mr. Obama is more salt n' pepper now...

HalfTriple

Match Penalty
that was also the first thing I thought

At a minimum her PR person has to tell her it's good form to look at the person who's speaking and, if possible, not glare while doing so.

I think it's partly her eyebrows though. They are too thin and make her look extremely annoyed/bitchy whenever she's not smiling.

Gracie said reportedly what she'd had in mind was "Oh shut up already, Ashley! or I will knock your knees.":biggrin:
- BS Magazine :biggrin:

Trewyn

Medalist

LOL Gracie seems to have that 'not impressed' face on every single time Ashley's talking. Hard to believe they're "friends" as Gracie claimed in an interview.

They appear to be wearing exactly the same shade of lipstick though.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Glaring off into space while having bitchy eyebrows is like the 3lz-3t of the interview circuit. She gets a +3 GOE from this judge! :points:

They appear to be wearing exactly the same shade of lipstick though.
ugh...the lipstick. At least it's cute on Gracie.

Bottom line Ashley doesn't give a fudge brownie what you think. I kind of like that about her. The fact that her stink face going viral is the most awesome thing that's happened in her life....hmm well. At least she doesn't care what I think.

anyanka

Record Breaker
I want Ashley to carry a mask cut-out of her own aghast expression and hold it up in the kiss-and-cry area, then mug a bit and wave to the audience. :p

desertskates

Medalist
This is one of the reasons I'm an Ashley fan, you can't hide that personality. What is she supposed to do? Botox her whole face shut? I think Gracie's face says not impressed better than McKayla Maroney's :laugh:

ivy

On the Ice
LOL - They should have flipped a coin to see who had to quick change their lipstick before sitting down - though really I don't think it's a great color for either of them - at least off ice.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Hah I love how feisty she is. And I totally adore the shade she's throwing at prim and prop skaters who are trained to be all smiley, and faking being perfect. :laugh:

desertskates

Medalist
LOL - They should have flipped a coin to see who had to quick change their lipstick before sitting down - though really I don't think it's a great color for either of them - at least off ice.

Sheer and toned down ladies. Please. Please :cry: