Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What are they wearing???

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ahy View Post
    How about ends with "a" sound...
    That's a longer streak...you can add Oksana.

Custom Title
    I could never understand why anyone would wear a white costume on white ice. Just doesn't work for me.

Custom Title
    I am not a fan of Yuna's SP dress. Its color, specifically. It's like someone's puke..

Mao has never had a taste in dress in recent years so I gave up on her dress. And for whatever reason she tries to accentuate her chest with her dress, which I don't get. Her Vancouver costumes were dreadful.

Custom Title
    Puke color is IN! Just ask Volozoshar and Trankov.

I like Yuna's SP dress much more than the LP one she wore at Nationals. I felt like it was unfinished. Maybe it was. XD
    I liked her dress in El Tango de Roxanne in ATS more: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9...cito1_1280.jpg but Adios Nonino and El tango are very different tango music so I understand she didn't want to go for something like her el tango costume. XD

In other ladies, I like Yulia's dresses in both SP and LP. It really suits her young age. The LP costume just kills it.
    Also, I fell in love with Kaetlyn Osmond's LP costume. The embellishments/crystals are soooo beautiful.

Edgy Details
    Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    I could never understand why anyone would wear a white costume on white ice. Just doesn't work for me.
    Vanessa James had a beautiful white dress this season. I thought it worked well. But yeah, her parnter was wearing black, so it makes a difference, I guess.
    http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/9drMQ.../Vanessa+James

Custom Title
    Ummm Kinga .........the white dress shows up on Vanessa James because of her skin color. It was a beautiful dress.

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    Here's an interesting article about the woman who did costumes for Sasha and currently Ashley: http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2...ating-costume/

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    Ummm Kinga .........the white dress shows up on Vanessa James because of her skin color. It was a beautiful dress.
    Yeah, that definitely helped. Vanessa's dress was gorgeous on the ice.

Brighter colors contrasting with a darker skin tone are really beautiful. I think Lupita Nyong'o has been killing it lately; any color she wears she looks absolutely flawless in it.

A fun slideshow with commentary on the skaters' on ice fashion so far: http://www.tlc.com/fashion/26-sochi-...mkcpgn=fbtlc21

And for Ashley, the mystery is solved and I think it's stunning!!
    http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/ashl...lympic-journey

Quote Originally Posted by figureskatingfan100 View Post
    Mao, Kanako and Gracie are wearing blue this season. Girls who wore red in the Olympics made mistakes in their free skates and Julia is wearing red this season.
    Adelina and Gracie did well in red in SP. Akiko was so so...

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Yu na is wearing Olive green for clowns according to her designer. It looks yellow to me though.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Yeah, her designer might be color blind or something. That dress is clearly more yellow than olive green.
    From far away it looks yellow but today when they showed a close up, it does look olive green.

I'm not trying to spread a new belief or something, but Mao's gala dress was gold. And I remember Michelle also once prepared a gold dress, and ended up not having a gold medal...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnamon View Post
    I'm not trying to spread a new belief or something, but Mao's gala dress was gold. And I remember Michelle also once prepared a gold dress, and ended up not having a gold medal...
    She also skated in that gold dress to a song called "Fields of Gold".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast