Protests? | Golden Skate

Protests?

Jill

On the Ice
Another thread reports that US has filed a protest on behalf of Kwan being undermarked. My question is, has this ever, at any time, had any effect on the outcome of a competition?

Every now and then you'll hear of this action, but I can't remember it making any difference. If anyone knows, let's hear about it.

I love you guys, you really make competition fun!:D

hongligl

Final Flight
JillLaQ said:
Another thread reports that US has filed a protest on behalf of Kwan being undermarked. My question is, has this ever, at any time, had any effect on the outcome of a competition?

Every now and then you'll hear of this action, but I can't remember it making any difference. If anyone knows, let's hear about it.

I love you guys, you really make competition fun!:D

Maybe SLC? I don't like it when attentions are draw away from performances.

Many people may hate me saying this, I would think that Elena/Anton's Gold was not lighter after all what happened.

gellio

Rinkside
Re: Re: Protests?

hongligl said:
Maybe SLC? I don't like it when attentions are draw away from performances.

Many people may hate me saying this, I would think that Elena/Anton's Gold was not lighter after all what happened.

To me there will always be only one Olympic Pairs Gold Medalist - Elena and Anton. Media should never play a part in changing results. What is the saying, "s@it happens". If the ref made a mistake then so be it. While were at it, why don't we review all the skaters performances to make sure adequate deductions were taken and those that shouldn't have been taken are reversed.

I don't think anything will come of this. MK will be in 4th come tomorrow.

Personally, I think it is ridiculous to knock her for it, but on the other hand - you have to have rules or else everyone would be going over the 2.40 mark. It was a bit foolish on her part to have her music run right up to 2.40. It left no room for an inevitable error!

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Yes, as said above, I'm reading that it's over the music timing. In my day you were allowed to go under by ten seconds or over by ten seconds. Is that not still the case? Does that mean Kwan's SP timed at more than 2:50?

LBC

On the Ice
Sk8n Mama said:
Yes, as said above, I'm reading that it's over the music timing. In my day you were allowed to go under by ten seconds or over by ten seconds. Is that not still the case? Does that mean Kwan's SP timed at more than 2:50?

The SP time is 2:30 with a 10 second leeway both ways I believe. So she was actually 12 seconds over time but only 2 seconds over the legal limit.

I agree with others who have said she shouldn't have her music at 2:40 with no leeway room.