Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Canadian Results So Far

backoutsideedge-I could not agree more! The federations were sending their new ones to this world's to get them exposed for next year's pre-Olympic world's. We didn't. We should have sent Jeff Buttle. We should have sent Cynthia Phaneuf. We shouldn't have sent Piche and Denis (they have been around forever). No knock on B/M or L/A but I think we should have sent Davison and Dube to Seniors. Aren't we hoping for them for 2006??? SC is looking one year ahead-getting spots for next year's worlds-rather than thinking to Torinro. That's very flawed thinking and could cost our young skaters at the Olympics.

Why not send an e-mail to SC? Because they won't listen. They think they know it all. This is the way they've been doing it since I wa sa little girl. Too much game-playing within SC, not enough emphasis on getting our best talent the exposure.

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Can I just say again how totally PROUD I was of Joannie Rochette? To come from 17th from a year ago to 8th, landing ALL of her planned lutzes (having landedly only TWICE in competition during the season) and holding it together with such poise and in arguably the toughest year and one of the best skated of ladies worlds in history, and IMO should have been ahead of both Sebastyen and Kostner. I've always loved her beautiful, quality skating, but now I'm starting to see a girl on a mission, a skater that will open the window for Canadian ladies skating. I simply cannot wait to see more of her. I hope she and David Wilson will come up with two brilliant programs next year and hopefully as she said, will be practicing a 3/3. If so, she'll be looking for a spot in the top 5 at Worlds next year.
    Last edited by shine; 03-29-2004 at 11:38 AM.

Custom Title
    Originally posted by shine
    Can I just say again how totally PROUD I was of Joannie Rochette? To come from 17th from a year ago to 8th, landing ALL of her planned lutzes (having landedly only TWICE in competition during the season) and holding it together with such poise and in arguably the toughest year and one of the best skated of ladies worlds in history, and IMO should have been ahead of both Sebastyen and Kostner. I've always loved her beautiful, quality skating, but now I'm starting to see a girl on a mission, a skater that will open the window for Canadian ladies skating. I simply cannot wait to see more of her. I hope she and David Wilson will come up with two brilliant programs next year and hopefully as she said, will be practicing a 3/3. If so, she'll be looking for a spot in the top 5 at Worlds next year.
    As usual I agree with everything you said Shine. No one can honestly say that Kostner deserved to be ahead of Rochette in the LP.

Custom Title
    I totally agree about Joannie Rochette. She skated beautifully all three portions of the competition and deserved a better placement than the one she got. She certainly deserved to be ahead of Kostner in the long, and she deserved to be ahead of Slutskaya in the short and Q rounds, as well as a couple of others. She suffered from not having made a "name" yet IMO. I think her skating in terms of speed, positions, jumps etc is up there with the best in the world. SHe still has a few things to work on, of course - I think she can do more with spins and needs a triple/triple as she herself said. But all round I was so pleased to see her skate.

Tripping on the Podium
    Originally posted by mike79
    As usual I agree with everything you said Shine. No one can honestly say that Kostner deserved to be ahead of Rochette in the LP.
    i agree, Kostner should not have been as high as 5th.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2