"Rigged " Ice Dancing on the News | Golden Skate

"Rigged " Ice Dancing on the News

Poodlepal

On the Ice
I was watching Dr. Phil and Judge Judy (I know--I should've been watching the Olympics, but I'd had insomnia the night before so I already knew who won the Nordic combined race that was being rerun. I have to watch something else occasionally :laugh:)

Anyway, right on Channel 2 in New York (CBS), one of the lead stories was that Davis and White's victory was because the games were rigged.

I googled the story and it seems like a Canadian journalist has been telling this story and that many people believe it and have been sending rude tweets to Davis and White. There is also a French judge or journalist who is spreading this story.

I was very disappointed to see that this tale has made the mainstream news. I hope it doesn't become some meme that taints Davis and White's victory. I personally don't believe it at all.

Barb

Record Breaker
I was watching Dr. Phil and Judge Judy (I know--I should've been watching the Olympics, but I'd had insomnia the night before so I already knew who won the Nordic combined race that was being rerun. I have to watch something else occasionally :laugh:)

Anyway, right on Channel 2 in New York (CBS), one of the lead stories was that Davis and White's victory was because the games were rigged.

I googled the story and it seems like a Canadian journalist has been telling this story and that many people believe it and have been sending rude tweets to Davis and White. There is also a French judge or journalist who is spreading this story.

I was very disappointed to see that this tale has made the mainstream news. I hope it doesn't become some meme that taints Davis and White's victory. I personally don't believe it at all.
Do you live under a rock? super old news :)

Poodlepal

On the Ice
I'm surprised that it got picked up by a respectable station and that the story seems to have legs. Hopefully it will fade away.