Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Skaters who are "all that and a bag of chips"?

Custom Title
    LOL Chan really is the most ridiculous person. He's like Anne Hathaway level desperate.

Rinkside
    Alissa Czisny. Her musicality, her spins, her presence and elegance is really something special.

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seruleane View Post
    Yeah, but he never said anything specific about Hanyu. That's a start. I think it would be difficult to say anything negative about Hanyu given how nice he seems to be
    Hanyu does seem like the kind of guy you want to hug and present with a stuffed animal

Custom Title
    I agree with Verner!

Also Kozuka, Oda, Ana Cantu Felix, Valentina Marchei, Alissa

Custom Title
    My usual longtime people like Michelle and Kurt, of course.

Of more recent people, Daisuke at the top, and Mao, Akiko, and YuNa.

Ice dancing is full of people I love. There are dancers who never got Olympic medals or maybe even world medals solely because it's always so crowded at the top, and others who did a bit better in the record books. I always adored Rahkamo/Kokko and also Dankova/Staviskiy. Nice that R/K have been immortalized in the adoption of the Finnstep as a dance step.

Davis/White and Virtue/Moir--in no particular order. I could watch either or both of these teams all day. I'm thrilled beyond words that both have OGMs, but I'd feel the same no matter what the outcome.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Seruleane View Post
    Yeah, but he never said anything specific about Hanyu. That's a start. I think it would be difficult to say anything negative about Hanyu given how nice he seems to be
    I guess technically. He said Yuzuru, not Hanyu.

Lucinda Ruh and her spins Even the U.S. networks would show her.

Julia should take note of these spins! Perfectly centered and fast. Best spinner of all time!

"Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

1999 Worlds Short Program

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_Ikxi6Zx4A

1999 Worlds Long Program

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0fvU4wnp34

Her autobiography was kind of strange, though. Yes, I read it.

Custom Title
    Apt was at the top of my list too! Have a huge soft spot for Angela Nikodenov as well.

Hic Rhodus, hic salta
    Kevin van den Perren

Clara Peters

Kristoffer Berntsson

Adrian Schulteiss

Minusaramadad from Arctaroon John King's Avatar
    Rachael Flatt. I just like her skating, her cuteness and her adorable personality. And, if this doesn't convince you that she is "all that and a bag of chips", I guess nothing will: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BorwdTWcQFM

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by moviechick View Post
    LOL Chan really is the most ridiculous person. He's like Anne Hathaway level desperate.
    I like Anne Hathaway. She's trying to be polite, and that's so out of fashion these days that most people don't know what to make of it when they see it. Is it fake? Well, it's put on, but the intentions are good. I don't see any connection with Chan's behavior, though.

Custom Title
    MISHA GE!!! Boy is so full of sassiness and fabulosity! He actually had fun with his LP performance the Olympics.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I like Anne Hathaway. She's trying to be polite, and that's so out of fashion these days that most people don't know what to make of it when they see it. Is it fake? Well, it's put on, but the intentions are good. I don't see any connection with Chan's behavior, though.
    To me, they both seem like actually kind of nice people but they have the worst PR skills ever and come off looking terrible every time they talk.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bartlebooth View Post
    Kevin van den Perren

Kristoffer Berntsson

Adrian Schulteiss
    YEy! I had little crash on Berntsson, when i saw him last time, Euros 2010 I think I was ultra happy. Schultheis had the most original programs and KVDP was a sentimetal fav of mine!

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    The female Turkish ice dancer, whose name I can't even begin to pronounce or spell.

She is the most beautiful woman at the Olympic Games, and if I ran the Olympics, she would get a gold medal if I had to mint it myself.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast