View Poll Results: Which lady will wear gold?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sasha

33 42.86%
  • Shizuka

22 28.57%
  • Miki

6 7.79%
  • Michelle

16 20.78%
  • Someone else

0 0%

Thread: Which lady will wear gold?

Question Which lady will wear gold?

With all the talk about the controversy, who do think is actually going to win this thing?

Will Sasha finally fulfill her promise? Can Shizuka go from dark horse to surprise winner? Can Ando pull a Baiul and win on her first try? Is there any hope for Michelle?

Tripping on the Podium

Re: Which lady will wear gold?

Originally posted by Ogre Mage
    With all the talk about the controversy, who do think is actually going to win this thing?

Will Sasha finally fulfill her promise? Can Shizuka go from dark horse to surprise winner? Can Ando pull a Baiul and win on her first try? Is there any hope for Michelle?
    I think if it is up to fate that Michelle will win another gold, at least this year. There are way too many what if's to happen for her to win. Look at what happened to Sarah Hughes. No one saw that one coming. Are we going to see something like that tomorrow? I doubt it.

Sasha is hungry enough and will win it if she skates clean. The japanese girls might do well too but will not beat Sasha or Michelle when they are on...at least not yet.

Custom Title
    Sasha's got it, even if she downgrades her program she has it, the second mark will make her beat her closer competition.

wait...is there any possible way for Michelle to win this?

Skating Freak Barbie
    Hard to believe that more people think that Michelle, currently in fourth place after the short, has a better chance of winning gold than Shizuka, currently in second....Anyway, *I* pick Shizuka!

Kasey

Tripping on the Podium
    Originally posted by Ximena
    Sasha's got it, even if she downgrades her program she has it, the second mark will make her beat her closer competition.

wait...is there any possible way for Michelle to win this?
    Michelle can win if she finishes first, and Sasha is third and Ando is second. Look at how it happened with Sarah Hughes. But I doubt we will see that happen again...at least not tomorrow.

Tripping on the Podium
    Originally posted by Kasey
    Hard to believe that more people think that Michelle, currently in fourth place after the short, has a better chance of winning gold than Shizuka, currently in second....Anyway, *I* pick Shizuka!

Kasey
    Look at Sarah Hughes, did you expect her to win. Besides, what's wrong with wishing on dream, even if it is just a dream?

Skating Freak Barbie
    Actually, yeah, after she skated, I did expect Sarah to win. Not sure why, as unrealistic as it was, but I did.

Don't get me wrong, I love Michelle, and will always be a fan. I was just saying, doesn't it seem more reasonable, realistic, and logical that it would be Shizuka? And no one thinks Ando can hold it together, apparantly.

Sorry if I've offended.

Kasey

Custom Title
    Originally posted by rpiche
    Michelle can win if she finishes first, and Sasha is third and Ando is second. Look at how it happened with Sarah Hughes. But I doubt we will see that happen again...at least not tomorrow.
    Oh I do can imagine Michelle winning Sasha being third if it wasn't that is Ando that need to beat her, if Ando lands that quad and her other jumps, maybe she will have the edge on the tech mark but judges will better pres marks to Sasha

Custom Title

cianni

From the way things have gone its pretty obvious who will win. I would love an upsat just because of the usual judging fiasco.

Rinkside

Thumbs up Go Miki!

I want Miki to win.
    I think that it can win if quad and a triple triple combination are made successful..

http://p068.ezboard.com/bstrawberrycanyonfsc
    The way this contest is set up, Michelle almost can't win...

With the QR, and the SP, Michelle needs Sasha in 4th place to win the title...

If the COP were in effect, even someone as far down as Slutskaya could win...

Medalist
    Aack. This is what everyone was saying at Nationals, and look at what happened. Sasha never does a clean LP. :(

Give her some credit, Brinababy! Her first world medal, a silver...not too shabby IMHO, and neither was her week of performances. Remember Robin's only been with her three months, and already we've seen a new Sasha. I of course haven't seen her LP, but I applaud an effort that has already yielded very positive results, in the form of a Malaguena for the AGES in the SP and a less-than-perfect performance that she did not crumble in, but rather fought for, in the long, to hold onto second place on a night when Shizuka, from all the reports, was superior. Even with a flawless program, it's not a sure thing, with Shizuka in second after the short, that Sasha would have beat her; Shizuka's been on fire since the qualies...

CONGRATS TO THE TWO LADIES WHOSE POTENTIAL I WAS WAITING ANXIOUSLY TO SEE FULFILLED--and this is only the beginning; both are hungry and talented...finally the talk of things getting more exciting in ladies fs isn't just talk anymore!!

Sarah

Michelle Kwan Fan
    Obviously Shizuka. She's had the technique and artistry for a while now.