Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Yu-Na Kim: Olympic Thread

Banned

Yu-Na Kim: Olympic Thread

Did you see her SP? Wow!

Custom Title

Is Yu-Na Kim unhappy or just cool?

She skated an amazing SP, but didn't look happy. not dissapointed, of course, just not happy. I wonder how much pressure is/was put on her to keep skating vs. how much she really wants it.
    Your thoughts?

Custom Title
    It was fantastic, but she looked extremly unhappy to me.

Custom Title
    Kurt Browning: "I honestly thought it would be much higher... and Yuna agrees with me."

I don't know if Yuna really agrees, but I too agree. I mean, relative scores so far don't really make sense, as far as her score is concerned; not even compared to what we've seen at the Teams.

On the other hand, I hope that's a sign of minimal inflation coming in the follow-up skaters. We'll see. Wishful, but sadly not hopeful, though. Just another Worlds 2013 score thing, maybe?

Custom Title
    She probably knows what they are up to. Like why would they give her marks close to Julia. They should be much higher. I say this being more of a Mao and Carolina fan.

On the Ice
    i think she did not happy with her score...Of course again she was underscore....
    She only got level 3 in her step sequence (She always got level 4 since 2009) and her 3-3 jump got same +goe as Julia.
    i will be really angry if clean Julia beat clean Yuna...
    This remind of me 2013 world championship.
    I'm sure she will lead 2-3 point ahead after the SP.
    But,If Yuna clean her LP tomorrow...Game is Over...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by daphna View Post
    Because her score didn't reach her performance, which deserved 3 or 4 more points.

Banned
    the SP isnt done yet

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    the SP isnt done yet
    Right, but Gold is done.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bebevia View Post
    Kurt Browning: "I honestly thought it would be much higher... and Yuna agrees with me."

I don't know if Yuna really agrees, but I too agree. I mean, relative scores so far don't really make sense, as far as her score is concerned; not even compared to what we've seen at the Teams.

On the other hand, I hope that's a sign of minimal inflation coming in the follow-up skaters. We'll see. Wishful, but sadly not hopeful, though. Just another Worlds 2013 score thing, maybe?
    Mimimum inflation from the blow-the-roof-away inflation of team events?

Her performance was breathtakingly beautiful. Just as I had hoped. What mental fortitude this girl has. She never ceases to amaze me.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by starrynight View Post
    Mimimum inflation from the blow-the-roof-away inflation of team events?
    Even if Julia is clean, she should not beat that skate. I'm going to blow a roof away if she does.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by YunaBliss View Post
    Her performance was breathtakingly beautiful. Just as I had hoped. What mental fortitude this girl has. She never ceases to amaze me.
    Indeed and I'm really impressed with Gracie Gold's performance as well. Still hanging on to 2nd so far after Yulia's skate. Sad for her (Yulia) fall ): I hope she has a clean FS. Now the main contender for Yuna is Mao! I hope she skates clean!

UPDATE: Nevermind!! Looks like Carolina is definitely in for a podium too! Less than a point away from Yuna wow, they're going to have to skate clean tomorrow!

UPDATE2: Wow this is starting to look like the mens sp with 4-5 skaters all less than a point apart! Intense competition! Check out Adelina's GOE everything 1.0+ and everything LVL4, I'm almost surprised that she didn't pass Yuna with those marks. GO MAO!

aww.. ): poor mao. It looks like she won't be able to medal at her last olympics. T_T

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by daphna View Post
    She seemed unhappy with the score not the skate itself. She seemed very relieved and happy after her performance. I have to agree that she did look nervous before starting the program though.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by YunaBliss View Post
    Absolutely. I was moved to tears by her performance...she is SO strong!!!!!! *.*

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast