Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Valentina Marchei

On the Ice

Valentina Marchei

She is in my opinion the stand out star of these Olympic games. She may not have the technical skills or component scores of some of the top top skaters but she always draws me in. She is just a breath of fresh air. I love how she plays a character and actually performs and just doesn't skate around the ring relying on jumps She has made leaps and bounds in the last few years..I hope to God she doesn't retire this year because i genuinely do believe she could medal next year, maybe not in worlds but even at the Europeans..

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    I still haven't watched her performance, I went to go make food when her name was called.

I like her!
    Last edited by Mathman; 02-21-2014 at 10:02 PM.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    I still haven't watched her performance, I went to go make food when her name was called.
    well you missed out on a great performance..a careers best, and well deserved

Yup I GREATLY enjoy her and have for a few years now.It is a shame her competitive opportunities were limited until recently due to Carolina (who I also love don't misunderstand) being the Italian absolute #1 and not always doing well enough to earn Italy another spot. I hope she will stick around a few more years!

Also... http://blogs.wsj.com/dailyfix/2014/0...-already-know/

Custom Title
    Valentina has made no official statement, I think she may have another competitive season next year, valentina just seems to get better each year... The federation might need her if Carolina retires the year..

Quote Originally Posted by greig View Post
    well you missed out on a great performance..a careers best, and well deserved
    Forgive him. That's BOP's TASTE.

I like Valentina. I LOVE her costumes more than her country mate, Caro. She may not be up there as Caro, but she has come a long way. Very pleasant to watch and incredibly sultry and good looking. Why are Italian ladies sooo good looking?

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Forgive him. That's BOP's TASTE.

I like Valentina. I LOVE her costumes more than her country mate, Caro. She may not be up there as Caro, but she has come a long way. Very pleasant to watch and incredibly sultry and good looking. Why are Italian ladies sooo good looking?
    i suppose in terms of technical and overall component ability she isn't up as far as Carolina, but like you said she is a beautiful girl, very sultry and a great performer..i love when i see a skater come up the ranks so much, and valentina is a great example of an athlete who really pushed themselves and brought themselves up the rankings..

Loved her Free Skate this year. Very intense and it had such appeal.
    I also love her long edge into the corner for her 3Lz.

It was also great to see her go for the Triple Triple in the Short Program. She has a very strong 3S.
    She is a wonderful skater.

I really like her, and glad that she skated so well! Stay in the sport, Valentina!

I like her a lot as well, the connection with the music is superb!!!!!

Custom Title
    LOVE her. She's got attitude and she skates with a real maturity and understanding about musicality and choreography and The Power of the Performance. And reading her tweets, she sounds like she would be a blast to go out with for a night on the town.

Love, love her!

Custom Title
    She's one of my favorites- she has come so far and is even better than before her injury. She actually performs a program- very few ladies today are able to do that.

Custom Title
    She is one of my favorite. I always look forward to her performance. I love her lutz, it is real lutz not flutz. But most important thing about her is that she really feels the music. She has got beautiful interpretation, her skating is mature and it is real FIGURE SKATING not just a jump skating. I just love her last year SP a both programs from this season. Her Olympics FP(individual competition)was one of my three best FPs for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast