Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Yu-Na Kim: Olympic Thread

Hybrid View

Banned

Yu-Na Kim: Olympic Thread

Did you see her SP? Wow!

Custom Title

Is Yu-Na Kim unhappy or just cool?

She skated an amazing SP, but didn't look happy. not dissapointed, of course, just not happy. I wonder how much pressure is/was put on her to keep skating vs. how much she really wants it.
    Your thoughts?

Custom Title
    Kurt Browning: "I honestly thought it would be much higher... and Yuna agrees with me."

I don't know if Yuna really agrees, but I too agree. I mean, relative scores so far don't really make sense, as far as her score is concerned; not even compared to what we've seen at the Teams.

On the other hand, I hope that's a sign of minimal inflation coming in the follow-up skaters. We'll see. Wishful, but sadly not hopeful, though. Just another Worlds 2013 score thing, maybe?

Custom Title
    She probably knows what they are up to. Like why would they give her marks close to Julia. They should be much higher. I say this being more of a Mao and Carolina fan.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bebevia View Post
    Kurt Browning: "I honestly thought it would be much higher... and Yuna agrees with me."

I don't know if Yuna really agrees, but I too agree. I mean, relative scores so far don't really make sense, as far as her score is concerned; not even compared to what we've seen at the Teams.

On the other hand, I hope that's a sign of minimal inflation coming in the follow-up skaters. We'll see. Wishful, but sadly not hopeful, though. Just another Worlds 2013 score thing, maybe?
    Mimimum inflation from the blow-the-roof-away inflation of team events?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by starrynight View Post
    Mimimum inflation from the blow-the-roof-away inflation of team events?
    Even if Julia is clean, she should not beat that skate. I'm going to blow a roof away if she does.

Rinkside
    i think she did not happy with her score...Of course again she was underscore....
    She only got level 3 in her step sequence (She always got level 4 since 2009) and her 3-3 jump got same +goe as Julia.
    i will be really angry if clean Julia beat clean Yuna...
    This remind of me 2013 world championship.
    I'm sure she will lead 2-3 point ahead after the SP.
    But,If Yuna clean her LP tomorrow...Game is Over...

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by swc0931 View Post
    ....She only got level 3 in her step sequence (She always got level 4 since 2009) ....
    Actually sometimes a step sequence can get downgraded pretty easily if it consists of just sufficient number of difficult turns to fulfill minimum requirements for a higher level. One wrong body lean turning a rocker or counter into a 3 turn will do the unfortunate trick getting the SS downgraded to a lower level!

Poor Mao Asada btw. :(

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    I'm going to add a new emotion to the mix: tired. She's lovely, she always has been, and I'm a huge fan. But she seems tired.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by desertskates View Post
    I'm going to add a new emotion to the mix: tired. She's lovely, she always has been, and I'm a huge fan. But she seems tired.
    She's seemed to be over skating for quite some time now. Sad to see, really.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by swc0931 View Post
    She only got level 3 in her step sequence (She always got level 4 since 2009)
    ?? she got mainly level 3's for footwork in 2009 and after, including in vancouver olympics and 2011 world championships.
    I thought she didn't get level 4 until 2013 worlds

she will win anyway!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by daphna View Post
    She skated an amazing SP, but didn't look happy. not dissapointed, of course, just not happy. I wonder how much pressure is/was put on her to keep skating vs. how much she really wants it.
    Your thoughts?
    This music calls for wistfulness, not happy looks.

~high art~
    She is unhappy with the score.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Moment View Post
    She is unhappy with the score.
    Did she say that in the interview or do you have a personal knowledge of it?

~high art~
    Quote Originally Posted by starrynight View Post
    Did she say that in the interview or do you have a personal knowledge of it?
    She quietly said "low..." -- not a literal translation -- in K&C after the score had been announced.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast