Yu-Na Kim: Olympic Thread | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Yu-Na Kim: Olympic Thread

jaylee

Medalist
Am I the only who felt that they didn't give Yuna enough camera time, aside from that moment?

None of the skaters were really given a moment in that finale, so I thought it was special that Yu-Na got that moment. The Olympic gold medalists led the way for one of the group maneuvers, which I thought was fine.

At the very beginning of the gala in the first half, when they showed a flag for each of the gala skaters, Yu-Na was placed at the center of one of the borders. When they turned to face the audience for the first time, she was at the very front and center. I liked that.

Also, am I the only one who felt that Carolina high-fiving with Adelina on the podium (during flower ceremony) while Yuna looked on was a bit insensitive on Caro's part given the circumstance?

After the high-five, Adelina shook hands with Yu-Na. I thought it was fine.

vegarin

On the Ice
I think we're all being too sensitive. Yuna shook hands with Adelina while Caro was watching too. I think the skaters are completely accepting what happened as it is.

And it's the judges and the ISU that are the problem. Ugh.

Jump

Rinkside
Am I the only who felt that they didn't give Yuna enough camera time, aside from that moment?
Also, am I the only one who felt that Carolina high-fiving with Adelina on the podium (during flower ceremony) while Yuna looked on was a bit insensitive on Caro's part given the circumstance?

I think Carolina was just excited and got caught up in the moment. She finally skated well at the Olympics and made the podium. I don't really blame her after her nightmare performances at 2010 Vancouver Olympics and disappointing 2006 Olympics.

Del

Rinkside
In my eyes, she was the greatest. What gets me about the result in Sochi is that she represented good and was slayed by insurmountable evil. She's just a person, not perfect, so I'm not talking about that corny type of good. She was whole, her own self, and triumphed until the corrupt were too much.

Moment

Final Flight
The greatest figure skater of all time, and the last legend the sport has ever had has now retired, and I wish her only the best of the best.

jehan215

On the Ice
WSJ's poem dedicated to Yuna Kim (quite beautiful, in my opinon):

And when she said softly,

that she was happy now

that it was over, this

when she had lost the gold,

and the bedlam around

her told her she was cheated,

I believed her, believed

her relief, her sense that

the weight of it all

was now gone, that the queen

unburdened of the stone

around her to tutor

her body through pain

and to carry the flame

of envy, anger, awe and fear

inside her, stoking it

for years and years

as a flame—that this was

over now, and all she felt

was relief, gladness, and peace—

when she said, I am happy,

it is over, I believed her.

And she, skateless,

mortal, grounded, she walked,

stuttering and ordinary,

away from the arena.

woshisunnya

Rinkside
According to news, Yuna will arrive home at 3pm tomorrow. Have a nice trip Yuna, waiting to see your pics tomorrow