Yu-Na Kim: Olympic Thread | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Yu-Na Kim: Olympic Thread

vegarin

On the Ice
I think you've already brought attention to the problem, moviechick. Doing it repeatedly and hammering it down again and again isn't exactly a much better form of communication.

moviechick

On the Ice
I think you've already brought attention to the problem, moviechick. Doing it repeatedly and hammering it down again and again isn't exactly a much better form of communication.

I only did it once, after which I got attacked by Yuna fans for even daring to mention it (or what, russians pretending to be yuna fans to make them look bad? how deep does the delusion go).

Figga

Rinkside
Hey Ven, please stop making a new thread for every little tidbit about Yuna. I mean come on, they don't even do this over at Yunaforum.

YunaBliss

On the Ice
Please post this in Yuna Olympic thread. No need for a separate thread. No need to be sentimental about her father or her injury. The indisputable fact that there was unfair scoring inflation and collusion among the judges is already out in the open. We need to focus on the raw facts to make our case.

vegarin

On the Ice
I only did it once, after which I got attacked by Yuna fans for even daring to mention it (or what, russians pretending to be yuna fans to make them look bad? how deep does the delusion go).
Do you want to go count how many posts you left on this page just saying how terrible all these Yuna fans are, pretty much indiscriminately?

Look, you brought up a really good point, but making sweeping generalizations at us and continuing to respond in attacking manners puts a lot of readers on defensive, including myself, and makes me wonder if you're really trying to get your point across or just trying to disturb the thread. If it's former, I apologize, but the way you're communicating it makes it hard to tell.

elee011

Rinkside

No, you keep mentioning it in your passive-aggressive way trying to make the conclusion that rabid, crazy fans = bad Yuna.
We get it! None of us agree that those fans should be doing that. What would you like us to do? Go over there and say STOP GUYS, IT'S NOT NICE. That would only fuel the fire. THEY'RE CRAZY. Things will die down. People will stop riding on this hype.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Hey Ven, please stop making a new thread for every little tidbit about Yuna. I mean come on, they don't even do this over at Yunaforum.

this poster is a Yuna fan,
the mods constantly have to keep on redirecting the threads he keeps creating

elee011

Rinkside
this poster is a Yuna fan,
the mods constantly have to keep on redirecting the threads he keeps creating

That must be the only word in your vocabulary--Yuna fan.

Why do I see you in every single thread stirring the pot?
You should be your own Bot, make a thread about yourself, and have all the fun in the world.

Icey

Record Breaker
Are there any pictures of her mom and dad? I don't ever recall their being shown in the audience at any of her competitions.

ahy

Final Flight
Are there any picture of her mom and dad? I don't ever recall their being shown in the audience at any of her competitions.
Here dad and mum went to watch vancouver 2010 and her mum went to 2014 sochi

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
"As soon as your program finished early this morning, I texted to you “Yuna~ You are the real champion” to which you replied “Thanks, I'm fine”. " :cry:

thanks for posting it!

ilfs

Rinkside
It is sad to see the legendary skater taking off the boots of her illustrious skating career, but it is even sadder to see some describe her final skate as an uninspired/unmotivated effort, in superficial comparison to the apparently vibrant, energetic(wave to the judges/fans) performance of Adelina.

Those who fancy the girlish exuberance of Adelina's performance will dwell on the superficial(one more triple jump, motivated. etc), conveniently ignoring the other half of the figure equation, PCS.

Raw energy of Arena Rock is no match for the refined tango that is Piazolla. A raw unpolished diamond cannot outshine a polished one. We want more of the qualitative skating, the etherial, wholistic, organic, musical flow that goes beyond the flapping of arms, and more than a temporal landmark in/out of 3-3 jumps.

Having viewed Yuna's short and long several times, I have seen perhaps some of the greatest skating poetry we can choose to remember. "Performance for the ages, spectacular !", as Sandra Bezic exclaimed of her LP. I couldn't agree more.

This was her La Crimosa, a skating memorial in tribute to the final cadenza of her true love of life, figure skating. It is no accident Yuna and David Wilson chose the music of Astor Piazolla's Adios Nonino, an achingly bittersweet musical remembrance of the composer's loss of his most loved one.

Her unmatched elegance, grace, maturity and the subtle intricacies of expressive skating is simply beyond her peers, Adelina most notably included. We will sorely miss the skating music that flowed thru the entirety of her expressive skating body.

She did not need to prove anything to the judges, as if she hasn't already. She skated this Olympics with the highest quality and class to celebrate the final chapter to herself, the biggest competitor she has known.