Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Yu-Na Kim: Olympic Thread

Custom Title
    Aww that was a nice letter. YuNa is a very fortunate girl.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by moviechick View Post
    Apple doesn't fall far from the tree..
    That also explains comments on Sot's FB and IG, I guess. Wait a minute. I think I know you. You are the anti Yuna uber moviechick on YouTube, right? No wonder.

Banned
    i'm gonna cry omg

"As soon as your program finished early this morning, I texted to you “Yuna~ You are the real champion” to which you replied “Thanks, I'm fine”. "

thanks for posting it!

On the Ice
    It is sad to see the legendary skater taking off the boots of her illustrious skating career, but it is even sadder to see some describe her final skate as an uninspired/unmotivated effort, in superficial comparison to the apparently vibrant, energetic(wave to the judges/fans) performance of Adelina.

Those who fancy the girlish exuberance of Adelina's performance will dwell on the superficial(one more triple jump, motivated. etc), conveniently ignoring the other half of the figure equation, PCS.

Raw energy of Arena Rock is no match for the refined tango that is Piazolla. A raw unpolished diamond cannot outshine a polished one. We want more of the qualitative skating, the etherial, wholistic, organic, musical flow that goes beyond the flapping of arms, and more than a temporal landmark in/out of 3-3 jumps.

Having viewed Yuna's short and long several times, I have seen perhaps some of the greatest skating poetry we can choose to remember. "Performance for the ages, spectacular !", as Sandra Bezic exclaimed of her LP. I couldn't agree more.

This was her La Crimosa, a skating memorial in tribute to the final cadenza of her true love of life, figure skating. It is no accident Yuna and David Wilson chose the music of Astor Piazolla's Adios Nonino, an achingly bittersweet musical remembrance of the composer's loss of his most loved one.

Her unmatched elegance, grace, maturity and the subtle intricacies of expressive skating is simply beyond her peers, Adelina most notably included. We will sorely miss the skating music that flowed thru the entirety of her expressive skating body.

She did not need to prove anything to the judges, as if she hasn't already. She skated this Olympics with the highest quality and class to celebrate the final chapter to herself, the biggest competitor she has known.

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    this poster is a Yunabot,
    the mods constantly have to keep on redirecting the threads he keeps creating
    Your exactly right. In fact, more than a Yunabot - more like a Yunaobsessive. Reminds me of this very disturbing scene from the film, Vertigo

And yes, this thread belongs in the Kim thread in the Fan Fest zone. Like you, I'm fed up of the Yunabots and their multiple threads (often highly offensive threads which breach half the rules of the board - such as the Russian backlash thread)

Quote Originally Posted by elee011 View Post
    That must be the only word in your vocabulary--Yunabot.
    And skyfly's a SotBOT, PlushBOT, RusBOT......

Is it true that Yuna medals in every event she participated in?????
    O___O

I checked her wikipedia and she medals in each event.

Quote Originally Posted by mirai4life View Post
    Is it true that Yuna medals in every event she participated in?????
    O___O

I checked her wikipedia and she medals in each event.
    yes, as i rmb after 2008wc, she got silver or gold for all the competitions

Quote Originally Posted by ahy View Post
    yes
    O.M.G

That is unbelievable. O_O

No doubt she is the greatest skater of all time....

O.M.G

Every single one...as novice, junior and senior; Nationals, senior B's, Grand Prix, 4CC, Worlds and Olympics. All in all, not too bad.

Banned
    O.M.G

All 11,000 athletes at Sochi 2014 have a medal tracker on their google page.

Type in "Yuna Kim" on google.

Type in "Adelina Sotnikova" on google.

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Every single one...as novice, junior and senior; Nationals, senior B's, Grand Prix, 4CC, Worlds and Olympics. All in all, not too bad.
    She's a legend. I am not worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    All 11,000 athletes at Sochi 2014 have a medal tracker on their google page.

Type in "Yuna Kim" on google.

Type in "Adelina Sotnikova" on google.

Enjoy
    I really love how they changed it to yuna queen

Quote Originally Posted by YunaBliss View Post
    Please post this in Yuna Olympic thread. No need for a separate thread. No need to be sentimental about her father or her injury. The indisputable fact that there was unfair scoring inflation and collusion among the judges is already out in the open. We need to focus on the raw facts to make our case.
    Agree.

Mods, please merge this thread into other Yuna thread.

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast